LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Marc Macaule » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:36:18

Hello,

Does anybody have, or know of, any plug-ins for EmEditor that will run
LaTeX, dvips, etc.? EmEditor seems to be a great text editor (for
Windows), with built-in support for*syntax highlighting, and it
supports plug-ins written in C, but I'm not familiar with C and don't
really have time to learn (however simple it may be). Info on writing
plug-ins for EmEditor is at
http://www.veryComputer.com/, if anyone is so
inclined.

I'd love to be able to use EmEditor with LaTeX, but I'd rather not go to
the command line and type lengthy filenames every time I want to preview
what I've done.

Thanks in advance,
Marc Macauley

LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Robin Fairbair » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:48:19

Quote:>Does anybody have, or know of, any plug-ins for EmEditor that will run
>LaTeX, dvips, etc.? EmEditor seems to be a great text editor (for
>Windows), with built-in support for*syntax highlighting, and it
>supports plug-ins written in C, but I'm not familiar with C and don't
>really have time to learn (however simple it may be). Info on writing
>plug-ins for EmEditor is at
>http://www.veryComputer.com/, if anyone is so
>inclined.

looks interesting.  should i be mentioning it in the faq?  (for all
that it's shareware...)
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge -- the man with no voice (_again_)

LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Marc Macaule » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:21:40

>>Does anybody have, or know of, any plug-ins for EmEditor that will run
>>LaTeX, dvips, etc.? EmEditor seems to be a great text editor (for
>>Windows), with built-in support for*syntax highlighting, and it
>>supports plug-ins written in C, but I'm not familiar with C and don't
>>really have time to learn (however simple it may be). Info on writing
>>plug-ins for EmEditor is at
>>http://www.veryComputer.com/, if anyone is so
>>inclined.

> looks interesting.  should i be mentioning it in the faq?  (for all
> that it's shareware...)

Well, it's certainly worthy of attention (IMO)...however, it won't run
*or dvips or anything else, except with the use of plug-ins, and it
seems none yet exist for this purpose.

If any of you are interested, I got the following response yesterday
from Yutaka Emura of Emurasoft (which makes EmEditor):

"Execute Extension at http://www.veryComputer.com/
might help you to run your*programs, but this might be difficult
to use.  Please let me know if you have any questions about how to use
this plug-in.

I believe the tool fuction will be implemented in EmEditor around
v3.29." [The current version is 3.27.]

As for the FAQ, that's your call, Robin, not mine...I'm not going to try
to sell the product - that's not why I mentioned it - but if you want to
try it out and see for yourself, feel free.

Thanks,
Marc

LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Michele Dond » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:39:59

>>Does anybody have, or know of, any plug-ins for EmEditor that will run

[...]

Quote:>looks interesting.  should i be mentioning it in the faq?  (for all
>that it's shareware...)

A few time ago you posted an inquiry about vim's support for
TeX/LaTeX. More generally I think that it would be nice if the faq
mentioned "all" the editors with some support; the one I'm suggesting
is jed: a light, fast and cross-platform[*] alternative to emacs...

[*] Default keybindings are emacs emulation. But the standard distro
features full IDE/CUA emulation for those grown up with Borland's IDE
and similar environments!

Michele
--
Liberta' va cercando, ch'e' si' cara,
Come sa chi per lei vita rifiuta.

I am my own country - United States Confederate of Me!
           [Pennywise, "My own country"]

LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Robin Fairbair » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:12:22

>>>Does anybody have, or know of, any plug-ins for EmEditor that will run

>[...]

>>looks interesting.  should i be mentioning it in the faq?  (for all
>>that it's shareware...)

>A few time ago you posted an inquiry about vim's support for
>TeX/LaTeX. More generally I think that it would be nice if the faq
>mentioned "all" the editors with some support;

but for some reason i don't know them _all_, so i tend to depend on
other people suggesting what i might include.  no-one whatever has
mailed the faq improvements address to suggest the name of an editor i
might consider.

so i try to be a bit pro-active, and next thing i'm being blamed for
not knowing about yet another thing.

let me explain: i'm not a superman, i'm just a shambling, arthritic,
half-deaf old wreck who can't even (at the moment) talk above a
whisper.  if i _could_ read your mind, i would, and no doubt i would
learn everything.

but i can't :-(

Quote:>the one I'm suggesting
>is jed: a light, fast and cross-platform[*] alternative to emacs...

if we _do_ have that on ctan, i don't know where it is.  we have some
things called texjed which haven't been updated since 1995 and which
have been deemed obsolete by someone.

where does jed live?

Quote:>[*] Default keybindings are emacs emulation. But the standard distro
>features full IDE/CUA emulation for those grown up with Borland's IDE
>and similar environments!

"!" indeed.  fancy me not knowing that.  what is borland's ide?
should i be listing that too?
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge -- the man with no voice (_again_)

LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

Post by Michele Dond » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:49:14

Quote:>>A few time ago you posted an inquiry about vim's support for
>>TeX/LaTeX. More generally I think that it would be nice if the faq
>>mentioned "all" the editors with some support;

>but for some reason i don't know them _all_, so i tend to depend on

and for some reason I wrote "all" in quotes... in fact I meant that it
would be nice if more people come up and give suggestions other than
vim, emacs (and their feud) and the "usual" specialized editors.

Quote:>other people suggesting what i might include.  no-one whatever has
>mailed the faq improvements address to suggest the name of an editor i
>might consider.

>so i try to be a bit pro-active, and next thing i'm being blamed for
>not knowing about yet another thing.

Sorry to have conveyed the impression that I was blaming you, because
that's probably the last thing I would like (dare?!?) to do: my
english must not that good after all...

I just wanted to "suggest the name of an editor you might consider",
the one I use with satisfaction!

Quote:>>is jed: a light, fast and cross-platform[*] alternative to emacs...

>if we _do_ have that on ctan, i don't know where it is.  we have some

I don't think so: it's "just" a general purpose editor that features
(also) TeX and*modes.

Quote:>where does jed live?

<http://www.veryComputer.com/~davis/jed/>

Also, it is included in all of most common linux distributions, only
they seem to be exceptionally keen on not keeping it up to date and
feature obsolete versions! Ah, and debian adopts a non standard
placement of files/dirs, because of its strict policies, you know...

in addition to its standard*mode there are enhanced ones not
(yet?) included in the official distro.

Quote:>"!" indeed.  fancy me not knowing that.  what is borland's ide?
>should i be listing that too?

It was the popular msdos-based editor/environment for Turbo Pascal and
Turbo C/C++ and other Borland/Imprise products, so I guess the answer
is "no, you shouldn't mention it". I did it because it is one of the
reasons why I got to use it.

Michele
--
Liberta' va cercando, ch'e' si' cara,
Come sa chi per lei vita rifiuta.
           [Dante Alighieri, Purg. I, 71-72]

I am my own country - United States Confederate of Me!
           [Pennywise, "My own country"]

1. Acrobat PDF plug-ins, tools, utilities

TOOLS: Recent Additions to the PDF Toolbox

=> The MOST RECENT additions can always be viewed at:
  <http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/toolsnew.asp>

New or updated products in the PDF Toolbox include:
namedest.ps
     - Add a named destination to every page in a PDF.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_namedest.html>

Folioteur
     - Add folios (page numbers) to every page in a PDF.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_Folioteur.html>

BlitPrep
     - Prepare text files for use with the PDF-Blit BBEdit plug-in.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_BlitPrep.html>

PDF-Blit 1.01
     - Out PDF directly from BBEdit and BBEdit Lite.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_PDFBlit.html>

Data Management Application (DMA)
     - Effortless Web forms data processing.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_ndform.html>

PrintAssist
     - Stand-alone text-to-PDF conversion; auto bookmarking.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_PrintAssist.html>

PDF+Forms
     - Form designer, publisher and processing for Acrobat.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_PDFForms.html>

jPDF
     - A pure Java PDF viewer.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_jPDF.html>

Prinergy
     - A PDF-based workflow management tool that organizes prepress
     for optimal productivity.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_Prinergy.html>

ApproveIt for PDF
     - Authenticate your document and sign it.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_ApproveIT.html>

***A L S O***

=> SEARCH for other tools at:
  <http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/toolfilter.html>

 http://www.pdfzone.com/resources/jobs/

2. REQ:: Sr. Hyperion Planning Architect/SME @ Washington, DC

3. AMS-LaTeX 1.2, PS AMSFonts, and psamsfonts.ins

4. Little Sparc, big hard drives---will this be a problem?

5. Does a Browser DVI plug-in exist?

6. rmi,xmi -> mid convertor

7. WinShell and Winedt unable to process .ins and .dtx?

8. emulateur (TWO MAG)

9. LISTINGS.INS doesn't go. . .

10. Emacs support for .dtx and .ins files?

11. making .dtx and .ins files

12. left margin ins lists

13. Newbie : ?? .INS files ???