Where should I find the 'makeindex' program ?

Where should I find the 'makeindex' program ?

Post by Eric RENAU » Fri, 21 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi !

I guess everything is said in the subject !

Post by Christo Valiot » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:RENAULT) writes:

>Hi !

>I guess everything is said in the subject !
>Download the gtex package from ftp.shsu.edu/tex-archive

1. can't find tex pool; can't find default format file !

I'd try /usr/local/lib/texmf/ini
-- I think that is the default in UnixTeX.
Also you may be able to set the environment variable TEXPOOL
to tell initex where tex.pool resides.

Again, you could try putting it in /usr/local/lib/texmf/ini
or try defining TEXFMTS and/or TEXFORMATS

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

2. NFS Irix <-> Linux

3. MikeTeX error: Can't find File '(.cls'

4. Publishing Problem

5. I get error - 'can't find default format file.'

6. .pdf support for FP97

7. latex 'crashes' with `tfm not found' for some sizes.

8. How do I output a <!DOCTYPE ... declaration?

9. pehong chen's C program MakeIndex: how do I get it?

10. Making '-' produce 'minus' instead of 'hyphen'

11. 'Makeindex' available for plain TeX?

12. HELP how to put '{' in an index with makeindex