question: positioning a figure appropriately

question: positioning a figure appropriately

Post by S. Pa » Mon, 11 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I am using \psfig to put a postscript figure in a file.
However, the size of the figure is rather big and there is a blank
space where I want to put the figure and the figure shows in the next
page.  So, I would like to "automatically" place the figure where it
fits and put the texts in the space where the figure does not fit.
Can anyone help me do this ?  Thanks for your help in advance !

Regards,

1. question: inserting a figure in a specific position

Hello,

I have a question about how to insert a figure generated by xfig
into a specific position of a LaTex file.

Currently, whenever I use

\begin{figure}
\psfig{figure=abc.eps}
\end{figure}

The figure abc.eps always appears in the top portion of a page even
though I want to put it in the middle or bottom of a page.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Seongbin Park

2. Vedio grab card for Mac PCI

3. Positioning PS figures in a figure environment?

4. New ROM update and EUU thing

5. Can't print single quotation mark(`') appropriately.

6. Cannot acess "Computername" dc & ICS

7. how to position a box on an absolute position

8. Problem with 3COM 4300 switches - telnet - ping - Ghost multicast server

9. Positioning a box at an absolute position on the page

10. Locking figures at certain position

11. position of a figure in a page of floats

12. positioning figures and text

13. position text & figures/tables