1. MiKTeX gives "Fatal format file error." Please help!
I just installed MikTeX 1.07 on my Windows NT machine (I used to use EmTeX
& Windows '95). The program seemed to install normally, and it produced
the TEST.DVI file just fine. When I try to process my own documents (all
in Plain TeX), however, I always get the same result:
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (MiKTeX 1.07)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
My PATH variable is OK, and the Registry appears to have all the right
values, too. The PLAIN.FMT file is right where it should be, according to
the environment file and the registry. I'm using a dual P6 system, NT 4.0
(Service Pack 2), and an NTFS partition, if that helps.
Maybe I shouldn't have waited until a week before my dissertation proposal
was due to get this straightened out, but I would be VERY thankful if some
kind soul out there would tell me what's wrong.
John K. "Skip" Sizemore, JHU Graduate Economics & Rebecca D. Sizemore, RN
Please visit our web page at http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~skip_siz/index.html
"The worst that can be said of most of our malefactors, from statesmen to
thieves, is that they are not men enough to be damned." ---T.S. Eliot
2. Classes, instances, pointers (Newbie Q's)
3. fatal installation error: "reconfigure"?
4. Atipa Computers
5. (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied): what's this?
6. Two-Line Adaptor Wanted For One-Line Phone
7. Fatal Error 2000
8. What current softwares support IPW?
9. Fatal Error in MakeTeXPK
10. Fatal format file error
11. web2c, Fatal format file error...
12. Fatal format error
13. emTeX 3.1415 problem (fatal format file error)