Wasy fonts from DHDURZ1

Post by Jeremy Gibbo » Sun, 17 Feb 1991 00:47:40

UU-encoded archive. This uudecoded without problems, but wouldn't unzoo (zoo l
marked one of the files, wasy6.mf, as possibly corrupted; when I extracted the
files they all came out with CRC errors, and zoo hung on trying to extract
wasy6.mf. The files with CRC errors came out scrambled but almost legible--
wrong characters, transposed characters, bits missing etc. I suspect I am the
victim of some mailer translation somwehere.)

Would some kind soul who has successfully fetched these fonts send me a copy?
I promise to send them off them to the Aston archive! Don't send them straight
away--write and let me know they're coming, so I can make sure that I only get
one copy.

Thanks.

Jeremy

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*

Wasy fonts from DHDURZ1

Post by Don Hos » Wed, 20 Feb 1991 02:07:17

> UU-encoded archive. This uudecoded without problems, but wouldn't unzoo (zoo l
> marked one of the files, wasy6.mf, as possibly corrupted; when I extracted the
> files they all came out with CRC errors, and zoo hung on trying to extract
> wasy6.mf. The files with CRC errors came out scrambled but almost legible--
> wrong characters, transposed characters, bits missing etc. I suspect I am the
> victim of some mailer translation somwehere.)
> Would some kind soul who has successfully fetched these fonts send me a copy?
> I promise to send them off them to the Aston archive! Don't send them straight
> away--write and let me know they're coming, so I can make sure that I only get
> one copy.

These files are available from the Aston archive in the UK (I
forget where, but I remember seeing them).

In general, you want to get files from as close to home as
possible. if you're on JANET and you want some TeX-related
item, check Aston first. If you're on Bitnet in Europe, check

internet in the US, ymir.claremont.edu Bitnet in the US,

Aston religiously track down new TeX items and put them in their
archives (and I suspect the Dutch site does as well) so just
because they aren't listed as a site for obtaining a file doesn't
mean that it's not there (I have nearly everything in the TeX
resource list, for example).

-dh

---

            mailserver, send a message to          | Quixote TeX Consulting

            line saying send [DIRECTORY]FILENAME
            where DIRECTORY is the FTP directory (sans "anonymous") and
            FILENAME is the filename, e.g. "send [tex]00readme.txt". There is
            a list of files in each directory under the name 00files.txt
            Binary files are not available by this technique.

Wasy fonts from DHDURZ1

Post by Robert S. Mai » Wed, 20 Feb 1991 10:01:07

> [Sad story deleted...]

Anyone who wants the MetaFont source for the wasy (Waldi symbol) font
can ftp it from coral.math.arizona.edu (128.196.224.6).  For the next
few days at least, it'll be in ~ftp/pub/wasy.

It contains standard astronomical signs for all the planets (\mercury,
\venus, \mars etc.), \smiley, \frownie, musical notes, an octagon, and
various other goodies.

--

Dept. of Math.    | UUCP: uunet!arizona!amethyst!rsm

Tucson, AZ  85721 | FAX: +1 602 621 8322
U.S.A.            | Voice(POTS): +1 602 621 6893  /  +1 602 621 2617

1. wasy-font

I have 2 questions:

Low priority:
1. How is the wasy2-font usually installed under miktex/winNT4
   concerning the placement in the directory structure?
   (I temporarily put it into my document-home :-(   )
   (I used \usepackage{wasysym} )

High priority:
2. I need a simple \smiley in my text and I don't know,
   how to prevent an obviously forced "new_line"-motion after this symbol.

Can somebody help me?

--

Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen
http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ph/

2. Disable ligatures for entire document?

3. wasy fonts

4. 14400 Fax/Modem

5. new symbol font WASY

6. printing to DOS app over VPN and TS

7. replace lasy* with wasy* in LaTeX?

8. Expense Item not in Budget View

9. help: installing xypic and wasy with emtex

10. WASY2 versus WASY

11. wasy.sty for NFSS2 somewhere?

12. Shrinking bitmapped fonts (TeX PK font files to Sun font files)

13. change type 3 fonts in a PS file to type 1 fonts