TeX to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT?

TeX to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT?

Post by Doug S Web » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
 Try PCTeX for windows v2.1. I've been very happy with it. They have a web page
at http://www.crl.com/~pti/ if you want to take a look. Hope this helps.
--
 Doug Webb
 Oak Ridge National Laboratory

TeX to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT?

Post by Ching Shi » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi there,

I have microTeX that runs under MS-DOS.
I am now using Windows 95. I am looking for a version of TeX
to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT. Does it exist?
If so, where can I get it? Thanks!

Ching Shih

Post by Tristan Needh » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I have microTeX that runs under MS-DOS.
>I am now using Windows 95. I am looking for a version of TeX
>to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT. Does it exist?
>If so, where can I get it? Thanks!

For the last couple of years I have used the commercial product
"PCTeX for Windows".  However, I recently discovered and purchased
the INFINITELY superior "Y&Y TeX System".  I recommend Y&Y in the
strongest possible terms.  For information, have a look at

http://www.YandY.com/

Good luck,

Tristan Needham
Mathematics Dept., University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton St., San Francisco, CA 94117-1080
(415) 666-6616  FAX: (415) 666-2346

Post by Charles Gre » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>>I have microTeX that runs under MS-DOS.
>>I am now using Windows 95. I am looking for a version of TeX
>>to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT. Does it exist?
>>If so, where can I get it? Thanks!

Also, look at BCTex in the CTAN sites (ftp.shsu.com).  This is a
freeware version of TeX running under NT and possibly '95 (I have not
tried) with the limitation of 8.3 filenames.  You will need something
like dviwin to preview files, and dvips to generate postscript for
your printers.

1. Problems with Easy-CD Pro for Windows 95 in Windows NT

Hello,

Ive installed the Easy-CD Pro for Windows 95 on a Windows NT system. The
user's guide says that in this situation the file wn32aspi.dll will be
automatically installed for me. However, after the installation, that file is
not on the winnt directory. Why?

On the other hand, when I try to run that program I get the following message:
"SCSI initialization failed. In order to run this program you must have
WNASPI32.DLL  installed and started (Code 220-11-00-00)"

I'm running NT 4.0 (Build 1381) and I've the file WNASPI32.DLL in my system32
directory. What can I do?

Thanks.

2. HELP: use of BKM_SETNOTEBOOKBUTTONS: HOW ?

3. GenericPostScript Printer Definition for Windows 95 & Windows NT 4.0

4. How to Read/Write 'MPSR' resources

5. TeX for Windows 95 or Windows 3.1

6. BASIC Problem

7. Can see .tex in windows or Windows 95?

8. MagicNet

9. Introductory Edition IBM techexplorer Version 2.5 PR2 : Windows 95/98/NT, Linux, AIX, Solaris and SGI

10. IBM techexplorer Version 2.0 for Windows 95/NT, AIX, Solaris, and SGI

11. IBM techexplorer Hypermedia Browser Version 2.5: Windows 95/98/NT, Linux, AIX, Sun, IRIX

12. Lyx for Windows 95/NT

13. Running emTeX from GNU Emacs 19.34.1 for Windows 95/NT