adjusting the quality and thus the print speed using inkjet printers

adjusting the quality and thus the print speed using inkjet printers

Post by Oguzhan Ozg » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:08:43

Hi,

I have an HP DeskJet 710c, and i wrote my thesis using*(MiKTeX
2.2 under WinEdt). It all works fine but when it comes to printing
(using YAP, Acrobat Reader or Ghostview), the print speed is
4-5mins/page. I use the "normal quality" option to print in Windows
XP. The draft mode of the printer works as it should, but neither the
speed nor the quality changes when I use the normal or the best
quality printing. I think that my problem is that my thesis doc is
prepared using 600 dpi (fonts or something...?).

Is there a way to decrease this value (or do something else) and get
fast print outputs as it is in Word in normal quality (300 dpi printer
output on paper)?

Thanks.