Problems with Personl Tex Inc's ptips program ?

Problems with Personl Tex Inc's ptips program ?

Post by Barry G. Ada » Sat, 21 May 1994 00:27:47

I am having problems using special commands of the form
\special{ps:figure.ps}
in Personl TeX Inc's ptips DOS program (version 2.5) which
converts dvi to postscript.
Sometimes it works and other times I get the warning message
<<unable to open graphics file [figure.ps]>>. This does not
happen if the special command occurs in the first 2 or three
pages of the document, so it can find the file,  but if I move
it to a later page I get the message.

I do not have these probles with the same files under Unix
using another dvi to ps program.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Barry Adams

1. 'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

I'm searching for a converter, which converts C sources to TeX or LaTeX.
Anybody out there who knows a converter, so please post on me.

Also i'm searching a converter bourne shell to TeX/LaTex.
Please help, it's very important for me to get a solution.

Perhaps anybody knows a server with programs for me, so please post on me.

Many thanks to all helping men.

+--------------------------------+

+--------------------------------+

2. Conversion Error

3. support@micropress-inc.com doesn't work (?)

4. Looping in FTP Command

5. ANNOUNCE: ascii text to TeX conversion 'as is'; two C programs

6. Please help with Net Connection

7. 'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

8. stand-alone iis 5 on SBS?

9. LaTeX programming question (or perhaps TeX, I'm not too sure...)

10. Opinions on Texbook, metafontbook, tex the program etc. Knuth's video

11. AucTeX's lacheck program doesn't respect TEXINPUTS

12. Where should I find the 'makeindex' program ?