Formatting question

Post by Rob McDonal » Thu, 07 Aug 1997 04:00:00

What is the standard (preferred) way to show a sub-scripted variable raised
to an exponent.  I run into these often in my equations, and have a number
of possible solutions, and was wondering what the rest of the world does.

            Rob

$V_{infty}^2$
$V_{infty}\,^2$
$V_{infty}\ ^2$
$V_{infty}^{\,2}$
$V_{infty}^{\ 2}$
$V_{infty}^{\ \!2}$                <----possibly my favorite
$V_{infty}^{\ \!\!2}$

Formatting question

Post by Joerg Viehma » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: What is the standard (preferred) way to show a sub-scripted variable raised
: to an exponent.  I run into these often in my equations, and have a number
: of possible solutions, and was wondering what the rest of the world does.

:             Rob

: $V_{infty}^2$
: $V_{infty}\,^2$
: $V_{infty}\ ^2$
: $V_{infty}^{\,2}$
: $V_{infty}^{\ 2}$
: $V_{infty}^{\ \!2}$                <----possibly my favorite
: $V_{infty}^{\ \!\!2}$

Hi!

The most elegant way to prefer may be the following:
$ V_{\infty}{}^{2} $
            ^^
Bye,

Formatting question

Post by Joerg Viehma » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: What is the standard (preferred) way to show a sub-scripted variable raised
: to an exponent.  I run into these often in my equations, and have a number
: of possible solutions, and was wondering what the rest of the world does.

:             Rob

: $V_{infty}^2$
: $V_{infty}\,^2$
: $V_{infty}\ ^2$
: $V_{infty}^{\,2}$
: $V_{infty}^{\ 2}$
: $V_{infty}^{\ \!2}$                <----possibly my favorite
: $V_{infty}^{\ \!\!2}$

Hi!

The most elegant way to prefer may be the following:
$ V_{\infty}{}^2 $
            ^^
Bye,

1. offtopic - printer typesetting format question

I have written a book using latex.  I use pdflatex to generate
pdf files, works fine.  I want to give a book printer the pdf file to
print the book from.  Does anyone have experience with this,
is pdf an acceptable format for book printers ?  I heard that
"Quark Express" is the preferred format ?

2. Back paper tray for Lexmark Optra LX

3. bibliography format question

4. Mirrored OS

5. Thesis formatting questions, please help!

6. Domain forwarding

7. two formatting questions

8. Basic bib formatting question

9. Title formatting question