Problems with inserting pictures. (Please help.)

Problems with inserting pictures. (Please help.)

Post by Leonid Piterba » Thu, 15 Sep 1994 14:16:46

Hi.

        I am using*2.09, and epsfig package. The problem is that when
I, at one point in the document, tell it to insert picture, it places the
picture several pages infront. Not at the place where I told it. Please
tell me what I did wrong. Thank you very much.

1. HELP ! I can't insert pictures

I can't insert any PostScript picture into my documents :
dvips runs perfectly, but when I open my .ps with GhostScript (GSview
2.1 for Windows) I have the following error :

***

%%[ LastPage ]%%
Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .installpagedevice
Operand stack:
    --nostringval--  --nostringval--

--- Begin offending input ---
45X

%%EndDocument

(a)j(99\045,)f(il)i(y)e(a)g(tr)o(\022)-22 b(es)12 b(p)q(eu)g(de)g

(sous-traitance.)224 1083 y Fe(Mo)q(d)o(\022)-25 b(eles)46

b Fh(JST)14 b(ne)g(concoit)h(pas)e(un)
--- End offending input ---
file offset = 63591
gsdll_execute_cont returns -15

***

the picture is a .prn, output from Microsoft Excel when I chose 'Print
to a File'
the printer chosen is an HP Postscript (I can open the picture with
GhostScript)
I'm using the Astex2.20 distribution

The command into my TeX document is :

\epsfysize=5cm
\epsfbox{e1.prn}

Any help welcome, this document is a very important report.

Thanks in advance.

David.

2. Gnats - request reporting scripts

3. Please help with a picture environment.

4. Power Computing 100: Can it be clock chippe

5. Help: problem with inserting a .eps file into tex

6. Saphir Ultra II

7. How to insert a ps picture?

8. How do I insert a picture into a letter?

9. How to insert pictures?

10. How to insert BIOgraphy with picture

11. where can I get a intruction for insert pictures in latex?

12. inserting pictures