Problems with danish hyphenation patterns in MiKTeX 2.0

Problems with danish hyphenation patterns in MiKTeX 2.0

Post by Niels Vorgaard Christense » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:33:20

I can't get MiKTeX to load the danish hyphenation patterns. Actually it
won't load any other than the defaults. Changing languages settings in
MiKTeX Options doesn't work. I'm running a shared installation on Windows
2000.

Regards Niels

Problems with danish hyphenation patterns in MiKTeX 2.0

Post by Niels Vorgaard Christense » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:18:09

Quote:> I can't get MiKTeX to load the danish hyphenation patterns. Actually it
> won't load any other than the defaults. Changing languages settings in
> MiKTeX Options doesn't work. I'm running a shared installation on Windows
> 2000.

> Regards Niels

Ok. Just found out that I have to update the format files before the changes
has an effect.

Problems with danish hyphenation patterns in MiKTeX 2.0

Post by Heinz Kusznie » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:32:07

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:33:20 +0100, "Niels Vorgaard Christensen"

>I can't get MiKTeX to load the danish hyphenation patterns. Actually it
>won't load any other than the defaults. Changing languages settings in
>MiKTeX Options doesn't work. I'm running a shared installation on Windows
>2000.

>Regards Niels

Did you (1) uncomment dkhyph.tex in language.dat and rebuild your
format file? Are you (2) allowed to?
If not (1), do. If not (2), ask (your admin).

Regards

Heinz Kusznier
3, Kapuzinerstrasse
A-4020 Linz/Austria

Phone+Fax +43 732 770166

Problems with danish hyphenation patterns in MiKTeX 2.0

Post by Giuseppe Bilott » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:40:10

After changing the language settings
you have to rebuild the formats
(at least LaTeX, if you use that)
Then, to use Danish as a language, you put

\usepackage[danish]{babel}

in the preamble of your*document.
--
Giuseppe Bilotta

Using Microsoft products is like
having sex without *s---but
much less pleasurable

Quote:> I can't get MiKTeX to load the danish hyphenation patterns. Actually it
> won't load any other than the defaults. Changing languages settings in
> MiKTeX Options doesn't work. I'm running a shared installation on Windows
> 2000.

> Regards Niels

1. Danish hyphenation patterns

Yesterday I posted a question about problems with the danish hyphenation
patterns, and the danish letters. Further investigation shows that the
problem might be somewhere quite different, and much more system specific
than I first thought. Yesterday I wanted to write something, for wich I
didn't need the danish hyphenation patterns, so I made a format
file,without them. Then I had no problems with \ae,... Using the inputenc
package, I thought I could just go ahead and write ?,..., but then I got
some errors, saying something about 'illegal character sequence' (or
something like that), so it seems to be my format file that contains some
errors.

I know that emTeX has a special program for making format-files (makefmt),
but I have never understood the point of that program, but I have had alot
of trouble with it. I haven't yet tried to use that for making my format
file, since I find it easier just to run iniTeX manually.

If anybody have wasted time, trying to figure out what caused my problem, I
am sorry that I made you, on the other hand, if the error has something to
do with my original guess, and you find a solution, mail it to me NOW.

Henrik Grove
  "Og jeg troede UENDELIG var et stort tal!"
         - sagt efter en matematikforel?sning om uendelige kardinaltal.
Henrik Christian Grove

http://www.diku.dk/students/grove

2. Accessing money database on a home network

3. Hyphenation patterns for Danish

4. Emergency Startup diskette with CD support

5. Problems installing multiple hyphenation patterns

6. AvantGo problem with replacement Axim

7. Problems loading the hyphenation patterns

8. HASUG August 17, 2000 Meeting

9. problems with languages while using some commands in Miktex 2.0

10. MikTex 2.0 problems

11. hyphenation in danish ?

12. Need Danish hyphenation (babel)

13. How to make danish letters in \hyphenation