generating .tfm files from GhostScript .afm fonts

generating .tfm files from GhostScript .afm fonts

Post by Ted » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I was told by Sebastian Rahtz in response to my post of yesterday that to fix
a postscript font problem I should be using the latest GhostScript fonts.

After digging around I found out that there is a etool called fontinst for
doing this (which uses afm2tfm), but it is not set up to go out and process
*all* the GhostScript afm/pfa font files (which might be in, e.g,
/usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts/).

Does anyone have some sort of automatic procedure to generate new tfm files
for GhostScript fonts?  Seems like this ought to be a FAQ, but it's not.

--
 -----------------------------------------+ Dept. of Applied Mathematics
 Ted Stern (206) 685-9304 / 543-7069      | University of Washington

 http://www.amath.washington.edu/~stern/  | Seattle, WA  98195-2420

1. Can I get .tfm or .afm files for Bitstream fonts?

Trying to make dvips work with a combination of an HP IIP and a Pacific
Page P*E, I notice that the font tables supplied with dvips don't
exactly match the letterspacing for some of the built-in
Postscript-clone typefonts.

Is it possible to get proper font-width files to go with the Bitstream
fonts included on the Pacific Page cartridge? TeX and dvips use .tfm
files, but dvips comes with a utility to convert .afm files, whatever
they are.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

--
 Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario

           Vanilla Ice is a few cubes short of a full tray...

2. CISCO can't route 128.0 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

3. Problems converting AFM files to TFM files

4. Free Server to test Front Page Web Site?

5. Generating pk files from tfm files....Is it possible??

6. Multiline macros in nmake (vstudio6)

7. generate mf file from tfm file

8. Detecting "raiserror" from SP using ODBC

9. Generating AFM files

10. Trying to figure out how to generate TeX fonts from *.afm

11. How to Generate an m DPI .pk Font File to n DPI Font File?

12. How to generate TFM from MF file ?

13. Help: generate .tfm files from .mf