times and psfonts style files for LaTeX2e

times and psfonts style files for LaTeX2e

Post by David Kastru » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have trouble locating suitable times and psfonts style files for
> LaTeX2e. Some users have some old*(2.09) documents using the Times
> fonts need to use the two packages in compatibility mode.

Forget psfonts.sty.  times.sty from the psnfss collection should do
the trick by itself.

--
David Kastrup     Institut fuer Neuroinformatik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

times and psfonts style files for LaTeX2e

Post by John You » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Try macros/latex/packages/psnfss on CTAN.

John Young,                                Tel.  : 01223 337344 (lab)

Post by Berthold K.P. Ho » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

   > I have trouble locating suitable times and psfonts style files for
   > LaTeX2e. Some users have some old*(2.09) documents using the Times
   > fonts need to use the two packages in compatibility mode.

   Forget psfonts.sty.  times.sty from the psnfss collection should do
   the trick by itself.

   David Kastrup     Institut fuer Neuroinformatik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

He has a problem, because one of the things that does not work in
compatability mode is anything involving fonts.  Best bet is to
either find some backward place (like many labs at MIT :=) still runnning
*2.09 or convert the documents to*2e.
Berthold K.P. Horn
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

Post by Piet van Oostr » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>> I have trouble locating suitable times and psfonts style files for
>> LaTeX2e. Some users have some old*(2.09) documents using the Times
>> fonts need to use the two packages in compatibility mode.

BKPH>    Forget psfonts.sty.  times.sty from the psnfss collection should do
BKPH>    the trick by itself.

BKPH>    David Kastrup     Institut fuer Neuroinformatik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

BKPH> He has a problem, because one of the things that does not work in
BKPH> compatability mode is anything involving fonts.  Best bet is to
BKPH> either find some backward place (like many labs at MIT :=) still runnning
BKPH>*2.09 or convert the documents to*2e.

It DOES work in compatibility mode.

\documentstyle[times]{article} in compatibility mode works exactly like
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{times}
as far as the fonts are concerned.
--

times and psfonts style files for LaTeX2e

Post by David Carlisl » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> He has a problem, because one of the things that does not work in
> compatability mode is anything involving fonts.  Best bet is to
> either find some backward place (like many labs at MIT :=) still runnning
>*2.09 or convert the documents to*2e.

although the font internals changed most user level `times' documents
still work OK without change. If it starts
\documentstyle[times]{article}
you just need to make sure it picks up a times.sty built for 2e rather
than 2.09, you don't need to change the document itself (normally)

David

1. times.sty and psfonts.sty for LaTeX2e?

I have been trying to use times.sty style file with my LaTeX2e,
but every time gives an error. Actually this times.sty and
psfonts.sty does not come with my LaTeX2e package. I have
copied it from a unix system which is still using LaTeX2.09.

It should be noted that I am using the compatility mode of
LaTeX2e. Shouldn't it work with the style files of LaTeX2.09?
 If not, where can I get the Times style file for LaTeX2e?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Faramarz

2. Aironet 350 and non-cisco cards

3. TIMES.STY/PSFONTS.STY old and new version: sub/superscript in Times Roaman?

4. ANYONE FROM VIRGINIA GET IN BESIDES ME!

5. a trouble with times.sty/psfonts.sty/dvips

6. Error 53 again and passwords

7. Using the psfonts on CTAN /fonts/psfonts/monotype

8. sourcename for Grids

9. Printing file's modify time instead of current time?

10. LaTeX, psfonts: Using CMRTT with psfonts

11. old psfonts and latex2e

12. Installing psfonts (latex2e)?

13. psfonts, latex2e & error msg