Including EPS files from Illustrator 9.0

Including EPS files from Illustrator 9.0

Post by Anke Friedric » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 04:22:01

Most of the postscript figures that I include in my*documents I
make in Adobe Illustrator.
I've never had any problems with EPS files made in Illustrator 8.0.
Recently, we've upgraded to
Illustrator 9.0, and no matter what I do, even if I save the figures in
Illustrator 8.0 format, I can't
incorporate them into my*documents.  I've tried using epsfig and
includegraphics, and get
messages like the following:

[124] [125] (figures/gvstrat/Figure5-1.eps
! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
l.40 userdict /GS_
                  PDF_ProcSet 127 dict dup begin

Has anybody else encountered this problem and found a way to work around
it?  I've got over a
dozen figures, so I'd really like to not start all over again back in
Illustrator 8.

Thanks.

Nathan Niemi

Mail Stop 100-23 Caltech
Pasadena, CA  91125

Including EPS files from Illustrator 9.0

Post by Robin Fairbair » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:03:15

Quote:>Most of the postscript figures that I include in my*documents I
>make in Adobe Illustrator.  [...], I can't
>incorporate them into my*documents.  I've tried using epsfig and
>includegraphics, and get
>messages like the following:

>[124] [125] (figures/gvstrat/Figure5-1.eps
>! Missing $ inserted.
><inserted text>
>                $
>l.40 userdict /GS_
>                  PDF_ProcSet 127 dict dup begin

this doesn't look like the output of either \includegraphics or
\epsfig: it looks as if you've read the postscript code into*
(which won't do any good at all).

the sequence is:

\usepackage{graphicx}

somewhere before \begin{document}, and

\includegraphics{figures/gvstrat/Figure5-1.eps}

where you want the figure included.  general guidance on postscript
graphics in documents is available from ctan info/epslatex.(ps|pdf)

see http://www.veryComputer.com/
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

1. EPS files from Illustrator in LaTeX

I've just started using Adobe Illustrator to do some drawings, and am a
bit baffled: when I save files to eps (which I note they call "Adobe
EPS") and use \includegraphics or \epsfig to include them in a latex
document, they don't print or display (I'm using the latest version of
MikTeX, with the updated YAP). Ghostview has no problem displaying them,
though. Is there something I need to do to these files to make them
view-able with TeX programs?

Gordon

Dr. Gordon A. Fox     Campus office: LS-216
Dept. of Biology
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182
Voice: (619) 594-0356    Fax: (619) 594-5676
  http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/Faculty/Gordon.Fox/

2. Running DSM from a queued DCL file

3. HOW2?: Textures EPS into Illustrator EPS

4. mh3gls.dll and finding the window handle of an object o n a form

5. EPS file from Adobe Illustrator on IBM PC

6. Merit Wormhole technology

7. help with adobe illustrator eps files

8. Software from Randall

9. dvips and Adobe Illustrator, problem with viewing eps file

10. LaTeX and .eps graphics, _must the .eps files be included in the .ps?

11. Illustrator 9 EPS and graphicx

12. Adobe Illustrator, EPS, Dvips...

13. Help - Oversize .eps files printed with some .eps files