BUG in xbbold in BUG in xbbold in BUG in xbbold in BUG in ,,,,

BUG in xbbold in BUG in xbbold in BUG in xbbold in BUG in ,,,,

Post by Earthworm socie » Mon, 16 Mar 1992 11:18:14

Oh hello!

Today I detected a bug in xbbold.mf, as of version 2.1, 30-May-1991.
This is the Blackboard bold driver for msbm of AMS symbol fonts

This file contains (at least the copy I have here) the line
mode_setup;
which is entirely out of place there.
PLEASE remove that line!

The effect is that if you use magnification then the mag factor gets
applied twice on the Bbb letters so that they appear uncommonly big.
Enjoy the fun and try magstep5 for once!

In addition, hppp and vppp obtain wrong values, incongruent with the
resolution part of the file name

Fee on the device drivers which did not report the incongruency!!!
Pktype shows it clearly since hppp and vppp are of the things that get
shipped out last in a gf

--mahilata

Post by Frank Jens » Tue, 17 Mar 1992 03:53:24

   Oh hello!

   Today I detected a bug in xbbold.mf, as of version 2.1, 30-May-1991.
   This is the Blackboard bold driver for msbm of AMS symbol fonts

   This file contains (at least the copy I have here) the line
   mode_setup;
   which is entirely out of place there.
   PLEASE remove that line!

Get the updated version (version 2.1a of 15-OCT-1991).  It fixes the
problem.

   [...]

   --mahilata

---

Aalborg University
DENMARK

1. WinShell and Winedt unable to process .ins and .dtx?

I just tried running LaTeX over bbding.ins and bbding.dtx using both
WinShell and WinEdt. Both editors failed because they added a wholly
spurious .tex to the end of the filename.

This is probably not optimal behaviour: users will expect to be
able to install packages by running LaTeX on the distribution pair
without having to resort to a DOS window.

Is there a configuration option that can fix this?

///Peter

2. logohack

3. making .dtx and .ins files

4. Let's Help Paul find the NEXT BIG THING !!!!

5. Emacs support for .dtx and .ins files?

6. VPN through a Router

7. LISTINGS.INS doesn't go. . .

8. Please Help: File or assembly name EnvDTE, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

9. Newbie : ?? .INS files ???

10. left margin ins lists

11. Unpacking graphics.ins

12. tool.ins wanted in Latex2e.

13. AMS-LaTeX 1.2, PS AMSFonts, and psamsfonts.ins