comment environment

Post by Michael Barbehe » Sat, 16 Jan 1993 03:33:23

I am trying to devise an environment for temporarily commenting out
large blocks of text from within LaTeX.

I currently have
\newcommand{\COMMENT}[1]{}
which allows me to wrap \COMMENT{ ... } around lots of stuff.

What I'd prefer is \begin{COMMENT} ... \end{COMMENT}.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

comment environment

Post by Michael Barbehe » Sat, 16 Jan 1993 04:39:01

Quote:>I am trying to devise an environment for temporarily commenting out
>large blocks of text from within LaTeX.

>I currently have
>\newcommand{\COMMENT}[1]{}
>which allows me to wrap \COMMENT{ ... } around lots of stuff.

>What I'd prefer is \begin{COMMENT} ... \end{COMMENT}.

Thanks to Paul Howard of Brown Univ, I found my answer in lowercase in
verbatim.sty.

1. "comment environment" to ignore input

I have recently written a Logo (turtle graphics) interpreter to output
PSTricks code for LaTeX documents.  It's still rather rough around the
edges in terms of usability.  Currently it outputs the PSTricks code to a
separate file. Then I must manually copy this code into my LaTeX document.

I would like the following functionality:

o) The user puts the TeXLogo code directly in the LaTeX document, within
some special environment.
o) The user then runs TeXLogo on the document to create a separate file
containing everything, minus the Logo, plus the generated PSTricks code.
o) If LaTeX is run on the original document containing the TeXLogo code,
it just ignores everything in the special Logo environment.

So I guess I'm looking for a "comment" environment, or something like
that.

Does such an environment exist?  If not, can someone suggest how it might
be created?  It seems like such a thing would be easy to implement.

Thank you,
Greg Harfst

2. ISDN30 and BT Surftime

3. LaTeX2e question: answers package / comment environment

4. Buying a caller-id box for home.

5. comment environment

6. vice x128 & linux, sound possible w/ sb16?

7. Comment environment in latex?

8. W2k Modem connects but no browsing or email?

9. Comment environment, my, new version of, testers wanted for

10. commented out text as environment

11. How do I comment out certain environments?

12. Indentation environment -- comments solicited

13. LaTeX environment for comments