Help on hypertex/hyperref on the mac wanted

Help on hypertex/hyperref on the mac wanted

Post by schiller » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Recently, at a friend's house, I got to play with his
version of directTex.

There is a beautiful little file (called ``HyperTex test'')
which shows a postscript document with buttons and active text,
and which allows clicking inside the dvi/postscript viewer
built into directTex.

However, no source code, no manual, no help whatsoever
is given on the CD (distributed with a journal) explaining
how to do this.

The file also does not exist on the web (at least I did not find
it with filez.com)

How does one do this? I guess the active words are highlited with
hyperref, but how are the buttons made?

Why is there no decent documentation (with examples somewhere)
on hypertex or hyperref? I looked through the DANTE browser
(hyperref is nice, but documentation totally lacking),
and the Hypertex homepage is old and useless if one does not
know anything about it.
I searched with altavista, but I found nothing.

I am thinking of using hyperref/hypertex in a project, but cannot
stand the lack of documentation....

Is this limited form of browsing
inside dvips/ghostview possible with Oztex or with Textures or with
cmactex? Do they have better documentation?

(Or is the project obsolete in the meantime?)

Can somebody point me to an example file or a documentation of the features?
That would help a lot!

                        Christoph

--

Postal address : Dr. Christoph Schiller, Philips Research Laboratories,
Building WAD1, Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Help on hypertex/hyperref on the mac wanted

Post by Kasper Peete » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> and the Hypertex homepage is old and useless if one does not
> know anything about it.

I'm working on updated information. Take a look at

  http://norma.nikhef.nl/~t16/hypertex.html

Kasper