Empty caption in figure

Post by Marko Pinteri » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:00:35

No specified caption results in no caption at all.  I would still like
to se something like
"Figure 2.2."  How can be this done?

Empty caption in figure

Post by Lars Madse » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:39:26

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf

chapter 19 (or somewhere aroubd that area)

/daleif

> No specified caption results in no caption at all.  I would still like
> to se something like
> "Figure 2.2."  How can be this done?

Empty caption in figure

Post by Mark Tretti » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:57:46

* On: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:00:35 +0100 Marko Pinteric writes:

Quote:> No specified caption results in no caption at all.  I would still like
> to se something like
> "Figure 2.2."  How can be this done?

Leave the argument of \caption{} empty.

--8<----------------------- schnipp ------------------------>8---
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{caption2}
\renewcommand*{\captionlabeldelim}{}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
  \centering
  \rule{.8\textwidth}{2cm}
  \caption{}
\end{figure}
\end{document}
--8<----------------------- schnapp ------------------------>8---

When using a KOMA-Script class you don't need the caption2 package
since you could use \renewcommand*{\captionformat}{} to kill the `:'.

Greetings

         Mark
--
Mark Trettin Aachen Germany Where is Aachen? --> N: 5046' E: 0605'
BOFH excuse #172:

pseudo-user on a pseudo-terminal

1. Putting Figure Caption on facing page, follows by empty page

I am writing my thesis, and have to insert some plots into it.  In our
thesis style, the figure caption goes on the facing page, with the figure on
its own page following.  I wish to insert  a blank page so the page
numbering etc.. stays correct, and I can just replace the blank ones with th
e actual figures.

this is what I tried..

\begin{figure}[p]
\caption{blah blah}
\end{figure}
\newpage
\thispagestyle{empty}

what this produced was the caption centered on 1 page with no header and
footer, and no blank page followed..

What did i do wrong?
Thanks
Brad
      |  Brad White                 |                          |

2. comp.os.msdos.programmer.turbovision

3. Empty caption

4. K-95 and filenames containing spaces

5. An empty space with a caption.

6. FS:UK Amiga 1200/monitor/software

7. Empty captions

8. Setting the WinNT WInsocket TCP Linger setting to 0?

9. pagestyle{empty} != ps@empty

10. Table Captions to look like Figure Captions?

11. Need caption in addition to figure caption

12. how to place a figure caption opposite of figure?

13. cite figure number in a figure caption