t1-fraktur

Post by Jim Heffer » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:14:09

The t1-fraktur package has been installed at tug.ctan.org in fonts/t1-fraktur.
It should make its way to a mirror near you in a day or two.

Quote:>   T1 encoding fraktur fonts have been reviewed recently. Everything needed
>   (including an example)
>   is in fonts/t1-fraktur

>   Please take it and send me your suggestions for enhancement.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon

1. 'fontinst' and Adobe's Fette Fraktur

I am trying to use fontinst to install this font without success..

I have the PFB and AFM files, and have renamed them to pftrf8a.pfb and
pftrf8a.afm, respectively.

I then run the following command:
tex `kpsewhich fontinst.sty`
\latinfamily{pft}{}
\bye

This produces the .fd files, but no .mtx, .pl or .vpl files.

Curiously enough, if I "lie" to fontinst by renaming the files to pftr8a,
it creates these files.  Does fontinst not know how to deal with "f"
variant files?  If not, how do I "convince" it, other than by "lying" to
it? (Which is probably not the right way to do things.)

TIA,
Jeff

--

2. Print Driver for Epson 1500

3. Catching fraktur font switch

4. Transfer Rate Utilities

5. Fraktur and blackboard scaling?

6. 95 - 3.1 conversion trauma

7. Euler fraktur (gothic) and real script TeX fonts.

8. Can i ask some backoffice questions here?

9. Fraktur fonts for TeX

10. AMS stuff available for FTP from ymir.claremont.edu (was Re: using Fraktur for text)

11. Fraktur font for tex wanted ...

12. Fraktur etc. *.TFM files wanted

13. using Fraktur for text