Q: News paper in LaTeX?

Post by MaDsen Wikho » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Am I out flying or could it be possible to accomplish a `real'
newspaper in LaTeX?

I guess everything else could work (pictures in paragraphs, text in
arbitrary columns aso.) but to get text flowing from one place to
another will probably pose a problem or is there a solution (is it at
all possible to accomplish)?

Any help would be appreciated (and preferrably by mail due to x-mas
holidays).

--

   . .  Linux   is   *ive,    I'm   hooked! | ScIentist
    .  <a href="http://www.veryComputer.com/~mwikholm">MaDsen</a>

1. TUG news: elections, TUGboat, development fund, call for papers

Greetings to all TUG members and TeX users,

(The TeX Users Group is a non-profit organization for promoting and
facilitating the use of TeX. Please see http://www.tug.org for
information on TUG and other TeX user groups.)

A few short news items for your information and participation.
(Please redistribute this message to any appropriate forum.)

1. TUG elections

The terms of the TUG President and of 11 members of the Board of
Directors will end as of the 2003 meeting of the TUG Board of Directors,
which will take place in conjunction with the 24th Annual TUG Meeting to
be held 20-24 July 2003.  (See below for more information on the meeting.)

The election to choose the new TUG President and Board members will be
held in spring 2003.  Nominations for these openings are now invited.
Please see http://www.tug.org/election/ for the complete announcement,
information, and nomination forms.

If you or someone you know would be a good candidate for service, please
help TUG by making a nomination!

2. TUG 2003: Call for Papers

The TeX Users Group's 24th Annual Meeting is to be held 20-24 July 2003
at the Outrigger Waikoloa Beach Resort, Big Island, Hawaii.

We welcome submissions of a title and abstract by November 18, 2002;

information on submitting papers, as well as the conference in general,
are at http://www.tug.org/tug2003/.  Please be sure to check the
early-lion registration discount rate.  First deadline: Dec 31, 2002.

3. TeX Development Fund

TUG has initiated a new project: a TeX Development Fund.  It was
officially announced at the TUG 2002 conference in India.  The idea is
to financially support TeX-related projects to the best of our ability.
Please see http://tug.org/tc/devfund/ for more information and an online

4. TUGboat

We are pleased to announce that TUGboat 22.1/22.2 (a double issue) is
at the printer and scheduled to be mailed September 26th.  The TUGboat
production team is working on the two issues that follow (for 2001) in
hopes they will mail by the end of the year.  More news will be
forthcoming regarding Volume 23, which is in the pipeline as well.
If you have ideas for articles you would like to write, or read, please

5. CTAN CD-ROM's via Dante

Each year, Dante (the German TeX users group, http://www.dante.de),
produces an abstract of the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network compendium
of TeX tools. The 2002 edition has been ordered for TUG members.  Look
for this 3-CD set in your mail within the next few weeks.

--

your suggestions, concerns, or offers of help.

Thanks,
TeX Users Group Board of Directors

2. ps to pdf conversion quality question

3. AMS-LaTeX 1.2, PS AMSFonts, and psamsfonts.ins

4. Question for the group

5. LaTeX plug-ins for EmEditor?

6. Info on meter reading by phone

7. LaTeX-L (LaTeX3 discussion list) interface via news

8. ESSLLI'99 Student Session 2nd CFP

9. Small daily news & LaTeX

10. News: Microemacs for Tex/Latex

11. newS plots into LaTeX?