Defining layout on empty pages??

Post by Martin Siegumfeld » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:09:59

I am using the fancyheader package to control the headers and footers of my
document. I would like to remove the header and footer from all the empty
pages. I have tried to use the

\clearpage{\pagestyle{empty}\cleardoublepage}

But it doesn't seem to work.
In my documentclass I define the document as "report", and add the
"openright" as a parameter

Does anyone have any ideas?

/Martin

Post by Heiko Oberdie » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:08:53

> I am using the fancyheader package to control the headers and footers of my
> document. I would like to remove the header and footer from all the empty
> pages. I have tried to use the

> \clearpage{\pagestyle{empty}\cleardoublepage}

> But it doesn't seem to work.
> In my documentclass I define the document as "report", and add the
> "openright" as a parameter

\makeatletter

\newcommand*{\cleardoublepage}{%
  \clearpage
  \begingroup
    \pagestyle{empty}%
    \cleardoublepage
  \endgroup
Quote:}

\makeatother

Users of the koma classes use option "cleardoubleempty" instead.

Yours sincerely

Defining layout on empty pages??

Post by Peter Wilso » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:55:26

Quote:> I am using the fancyheader package to control the headers and footers of
my
> document. I would like to remove the header and footer from all the empty
> pages. I have tried to use the

> \clearpage{\pagestyle{empty}\cleardoublepage}

> But it doesn't seem to work.
> In my documentclass I define the document as "report", and add the
> "openright" as a parameter

    You could try the memoir class. It provides the same ability to define
your own headings as fancyhdr does, and by default has empty blank pages.

Peter W.

Defining layout on empty pages??

Post by Martin Siegumfeld » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:12:27

Great that seemed to wotk.....

Thanks

Martin

> > I am using the fancyheader package to control the headers and footers of
my
> > document. I would like to remove the header and footer from all the
empty
> > pages. I have tried to use the

> > \clearpage{\pagestyle{empty}\cleardoublepage}

> > But it doesn't seem to work.
> > In my documentclass I define the document as "report", and add the
> > "openright" as a parameter

> \makeatletter

> \newcommand*{\cleardoublepage}{%
>   \clearpage
>   \begingroup
>     \pagestyle{empty}%
>     \cleardoublepage
>   \endgroup
> }
> \makeatother

> Users of the koma classes use option "cleardoubleempty" instead.

> Yours sincerely

1. empty page style still shows number on page 1

Hello

I am using pdflatex with ieeetran_v15 and miktex2.1, I am trying to get rid
of page numbering but page 1 always is labelled even if I put thispagestyle

\documentclass[10pt]{IEEEtran_v15}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\twocolumn
\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\pagestyle{empty}
\maketitle
\date \kill
\begin{abstract}

Any suggestions,
David Vannucci
BSc Eng Elec (2001)
Telecommunications Postgraduate Group
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
GMT+02:00h

2. errno?

3. \pagestyle{empty} and the first page's page number

4. ISDN prices for businesses

5. Putting Figure Caption on facing page, follows by empty page

6. Now what?

7. Summary: page number caused by \maketitle in spite of empty page style

8. Datebk4 vs Datebk 3 ???

9. Exact positioning / defining new layout

10. Recommended texts on typography, page layout, page design

11. best way to change page layout for current page only?

12. Different page layout between pages 1 and 2

13. page layout for pages larger than a4 ?