Q: a4 or letter size for package documentation?

Q: a4 or letter size for package documentation?

Post by Oliver Corf » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:26:34

Dear All,

What is your recommendation/experience in choosing the paper size
for the dvi files that usually go with the documentation of a TeX/
*package? I personally prefer a4, but this may not be ideal
in *all* parts of this universe.

Greetings,

Oliver.

--

Q: a4 or letter size for package documentation?

Post by David Kastru » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:36:17

    Oliver> Dear All, What is your recommendation/experience in
    Oliver> choosing the paper size for the dvi files that usually go
    Oliver> with the documentation of a TeX/*package? I
    Oliver> personally prefer a4, but this may not be ideal in *all*
    Oliver> parts of this universe.

Don't deal in dvi files, leave that to distribution makers.  Don't
spedify any paper size, ise the ltxdoc class.  The user/distributor is
supposed to set up his own papersize in ltxdoc.cfg.  Then all the doc
dvi files in a distributor's collection will have the same papersize.

Post by Oliver Corf » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:13:28

: Don't deal in dvi files, leave that to distribution makers.  Don't
: spedify any paper size, ise the ltxdoc class.  The user/distributor is
: supposed to set up his own papersize in ltxdoc.cfg.  Then all the doc
: dvi files in a distributor's collection will have the same papersize.

I'll give it a try.

Oliver.

--

1. How to force dvi2pdf to generate an *A4* page rather than Letter size, under WinEdt/MikTeX

Hi folks.

When I run dvi2pdf in WinEdt/MikTeX, the output pdf file is configured for
Letter size paper, not A4, which is what I need.

I have looked around in the Accessories menu in WinEdt, but I have not yet
figured out how to pass the "-p A4" argument to dvipdfm.

I know that I could use pdfLaTeX, but it does not handle .eps files
properly at all, so I do it the long way with dvi first... Hence I need to
know how to get dvipdfm to do the right paper size. It must be possible to
edit the menus in WinEdt.

Anyone know how?

Thanks.

DrJoe

--
Dr Joseph Voros
Swinburne University of Technology

2. 1000HX failure

3. a4 and letter size??

4. *Please Help!!! Weird Secondary IDE Controller Problems

5. A4 and letter size conversion?

6. Cisco ACS Backup

7. Maintaining letter size and A4 versions

8. Protect my software

9. Equivalent of letter document classs for A4 paper

10. DVI2PDF conversion - A4 or letter

11. a4->letter in TeX

12. Using dvips for both letter and A4

13. a4 - letter paper