'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

Post by Bris » Tue, 14 Jan 1992 22:27:30

I'm searching for a converter, which converts C sources to TeX or LaTeX.
Anybody out there who knows a converter, so please post on me.

Also i'm searching a converter bourne shell to TeX/LaTex.
Please help, it's very important for me to get a solution.

Perhaps anybody knows a server with programs for me, so please post on me.

Many thanks to all helping men.

+--------------------------------+

+--------------------------------+

   Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
   Date: 13 Jan 92 13:27:30 GMT

   I'm searching for a converter, which converts C sources to TeX or LaTeX.
   Anybody out there who knows a converter, so please post on me.

   Also i'm searching a converter bourne shell to TeX/LaTex.
   Please help, it's very important for me to get a solution.

   Perhaps anybody knows a server with programs for me, so please post on me.

   Many thanks to all helping men.

   +--------------------------------+

   +--------------------------------+

I'm not sure what you want but it sounds like you are asking for CWEB.
I don't know where to get it though. There is also FWEB (for Fortran)
and RWEB (for REDUCE).

Last time I checked, there were some severe limitations in CWEB, notably:
(1) unable to handle multiple files when the C code was not all in one file.
(2) skimpy documentation

Allan Adler

'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

Post by -Simon Kly » Wed, 29 Jan 1992 06:44:05

[...]

Quote:>I'm not sure what you want but it sounds like you are asking for CWEB.
>I don't know where to get it though. There is also FWEB (for Fortran)
>and RWEB (for REDUCE).

cweb is avaliable on princeton.edu
fweb is on lyman.pppl.gov

fweb has support for C, C++, Fortan 7 and Fortan 90 and ratfor
(as of version 1.22 sept 21 1991)

IMHO fweb is superior to cweb for use with C (I don't write much
fortran .. )

Quote:>Last time I checked, there were some severe limitations in CWEB, notably:
>(1) unable to handle multiple files when the C code was not all in one file.
fweb is better here
>(2) skimpy documentation

fweb has a 150 page manual with it, although it is lacking in areas

simon
--

Post by Tony Zamo » Mon, 03 Feb 1992 12:58:22

>    I'm searching for a converter, which converts C sources to TeX or LaTeX.
>    Anybody out there who knows a converter, so please post on me.

I think tgrind will do what you want.  tgrind is essentially a program and set
of TeX macros that prettyprint C and some other langauges into TeX.

Here's one place archie says it is.

Host athene.uni-paderborn.de   (131.234.2.32)
Last updated 15:15  2 Jan 1992

    Location: /unix/tex-3.0/TeX3.0/TeXcontrib/van
      DIRECTORY rwxr-xr-x       512  Jul 15 14:53   tgrind
    Location: /unix/tex-2.991/pcssrc/texlocal
      DIRECTORY rwxr-xr-x       512  Jul 15 15:20   tgrind
    Location: /unix/tex-2.991/TeX/tex82/TeXcontrib/van
      DIRECTORY rwxr-xr-x       512  Jul 15 13:55   tgrind

Tony
--
Tony Zamora
Department of Computer Science, Indiana University

"They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine."

1. 'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

AA> I'm not sure what you want but it sounds like you are asking for CWEB.
AA> I don't know where to get it though. There is also FWEB (for Fortran)
                                                       ^^^^
 No -- FWeb is for Fortran-77, Fortran-90, RatFor, C, C++ and TeX-Macros.
You can mix them all in one Web and FWeb will make separate source files!
 FWeb has also a very usefull macro language. You can use for instance the C
notation 'x=+5' and FWeb will create the correct source for the selected
language.

2. FS: CD-Rom Drive & Framegrabber

3. Need 'stretched' and 'letterspaced' Times in Latex

4. FS - VARIOUS AMIGA SOFTWARE, REV. 1.9

5. ANNOUNCE: ascii text to TeX conversion 'as is'; two C programs

6. TOMLAB - Optimization in MATLAB - Introduction

7. Please teach me www.site!! ''table.tex'' wroted by Mr. Michael Wichura

8. Looking for a Font called STOPD

9. LaTeX: circled 'r', crossed 'R'

10. Making '-' produce 'minus' instead of 'hyphen'

11. Wizard's Help Needed: How do I increase TeX's memory size?

12. LaTeX programming question (or perhaps TeX, I'm not too sure...)