nfs mount logging

Post by Marc Heinzma » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 20:15:58

|> If I export some directories for other to mount for rw, are there any
|> logging about it?

/etc/rmtab

or use 'showmount' to see which of your filesystems are mounted by
foreign hosts.

        Marc
Marc Heinzmann                                          Linux rules!

http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/cgi-bin/nph-gateway/hphalle5/~he...

nfs mount logging

Post by r.. » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 19:13:33

> If I export some directories for other to mount for rw, are there any
> logging about it?

 yes there is, it's just a case of what type of logging you want,
if your C knowledge is reasonable, grab a copy of the nfs package
and edit fh.c and logging.c to taste.

Phil
=--=

nfs mount logging

Post by Martin Pirk » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 20:37:37

: or use 'showmount' to see which of your filesystems are mounted by
: foreign hosts.

Does this work on Linux?

I took a close look at the sources of a recent version (I can't remember
the version number) of mountd and recognized that the exchange of
mounttab information is NOT implemented.

I get the exported filesystems of a certain host, but not the mounted ones.
--
Martin Pirker

Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Department of Computer Graphics

nfs mount logging

Post by Tall Swo » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 06:10:17

If I export some directories for other to mount for rw, are there any
logging about it?

--
* Origin: TallSword, Computer Science Year 2, HKUST

1. logging to NFS-mounted files seems to cause hangs when NFS dies

Why not just log to the syslog daemon on another machine.  Logging to NFS
does not help you in this case.

Well, it seems obvious, doesn't it?  If the network connection is lost, then
you can't very well write to the Network File System, can you?  One of the
features of NFS is that if the network dies, or the server is lost, then
the client does not lose any data that was being written to the NFS mount.

This is entirely a syslog problem, if you want to do it that way.  The NFS
code is working as expected, and will not be changed.  You might have to
multi-thread syslog to get it to do what you want, but in the end you are
better off just using the network logging feature and write the logs at
the server directly.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger

-

2. Functions LOCK & UNLOCK using NAMED PIPES and CREATE & UNLINK

3. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

4. Windowmaker background image -- Strech to fit screen?

5. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

6. grep/awk question.

7. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

8. Shells (Was: TCP latency)

9. NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.

10. KDE locks up when logging into an NFS mounted /home

11. apache logs on nfs mounted partitions from redhat linux 6.2 client

12. Watching/logging NFS mounts

13. Apache logging to NFS mount