How to install Linux on RAID 0 build on HPT370

How to install Linux on RAID 0 build on HPT370

Post by Julo » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 04:00:59

Hi,

How to install Linux on RAID 0 build on HPT 370 ?
I have existing situation as follow:
It is a box with HPT 370 it has 2 HD in RAID 0.
On this box is NT and I would like add Linux SuSE
as a secund system.
Q: is as in subject.
Any suggestion will be really appreciate.

Julo

1. Linux software RAID mirroring eq. HPT370 RAID mirroring ?

I am trying to install linux (Mandrake 8.0) on a PC (KT7-RAID motherboard)
as a second system for Windows 98. I am using two RAID mirrored disks for
various data and Linux / windows 98 resides on a separate ATA 66 disk on a
"normal" ide controler.
I can boot perfectly both systems, but the problem is that the two mirrored
FAT32 disks appeares as two separate normal disks under Linux and it's
possible to write independently on the two disks ... unsyncing the mirror.

I have a few questions about it :
1) Do i need to install the HPT370 linux patch (even if it doesn't supporte
the mirroring fonction) or is it already included in the Mandrake 8.0 kernel
?

2) If i can't solve this problem, can i use a software RAID mirror under
linux between the two disks that are mirrored with HPT370 under Windows 98
(i.e. "Hardware HPT370" mirroring and Linux Software mirroring are
compatible ?).

3) What is the VT82C686x bug ? Does it apply to the VT82C686A ship ? How can
it be solve ? Is there other well known bugs of Linux using the KT7-RAID
board ?

Thanks a lot for your help, and please send me a copy of your answers via

2. bourne shell query

3. RedHat 7.2 Athlon KT7-RAID HPT370 in RAID 1

4. Please Help Me (with boot.flp)!?

5. Abit kt7-RAID HPT370/370A RAID chipset

6. Red Hat 7.1 and 7.2 Beta 2 Install

7. HPT370 RAID-1 or Software RAID-1, what's "best"?

8. Probs mit Teles 16.3 PnP ISDN Karte

9. Can't install RH 7.2 with HPT370 RAID Card

10. How to install RH 8.0 on an High Point HPT370 Raid

11. KT7-RAID, right way to install RH 7.0 to HPT370?

12. SuSE Linux, HPT370, RAID question

13. HighPoint Technologies HPT370 RAID Setup in Linux