1. >1024 cyl, v1.1.18, boot problems
Okay, The install went okay, now to the fun part:
Using the boot disk that it made AFTER the install, it does'nt recognize the drive, I have a 1Gig (2099cyl,16hd,63sec)
and the error that comes up,
[st506] unable to access drive /dev/hda
(506 cyl, 64 hd, 16 sec]
and some other errors that lead to the big extended registers display and halting.
If I use the sbpcd boot disk, and enter
boot: mount root=/dev/hda2 hd=2099,16,63
It does go in, but gives me errors referencing that "hda2" is an unknown parameter. No big deal, I get in, but it tells me
the version of UMSDOS is v0.2, and the FTAPE is for UMSDOS v0.3. Soooo, I recompile the whole kernel, and make a boot disk
according to the howto's and faqs, it gets to the point where I get the drive geometry errors.
I've been told to add append="hd=2099,16,63" to the lilo stanza somewhere, but when I try to use the liloconfig
utility, it gives me an error when it tries to write to the floppy.
Where exactly on the boot floppy can I tell it that the drive is hd=2099,16,63 and have lilo work properly???
Everything else works fine once I get in, this is the only problem I'm having now. The docs, faqs, howto's have been
great, but I've yet to get this boot thing taken care of.
2. /etc/magic for XWD
3. x86 problem with > 1024 cyl disks?
4. Looking for: (S)RPMS for XFree86 4.x that will work under RH 5.2
5. Linux install problems > 1024 cyl hd...
6. mount: error at login
7. hd params, >1024 cyl, boot disk problem
8. konqueror has high cpu usage in idle state
9. Help needed with PANIC message (>1024 cyls problems?)
10. hd params, >1024 cyl, boot problems
11. IDE cyls>1024, DOS + Linux problems
12. cyl > 1024
13. lilo not working on my old 486 and disk geo > 1024 cyl