Looking for WWW server software!???

Post by Harald Mi » Fri, 27 May 1994 16:33:29

: > I have ben atempting to access ncsa for weeks now. I am interested in finding
: > the necessary software to setup a WWW server on a linux box. Can someone point
: > me to an mirror sites for ncsa? Thanks.

You'll find the NCSA httpd binary for Linux on sunsite:
/pub/Linux/system/Network/info-systems/httpd-1.1.tar.gz

--

Opinions are mine, not my employer's -- the answer is Forty-two

Post by Bill Wils » Thu, 26 May 1994 07:18:54

I have ben atempting to access ncsa for weeks now. I am interested in finding
the necessary software to setup a WWW server on a linux box. Can someone point
me to an mirror sites for ncsa? Thanks.

   Bill Wilson
   Technology Coordinator
   University of Nebraska

Post by Thomas Aaron Ins » Sat, 28 May 1994 06:58:39

> I have ben atempting to access ncsa for weeks now. I am interested in finding
> the necessary software to setup a WWW server on a linux box. Can someone point
> me to an mirror sites for ncsa? Thanks.

It is available from wuarchive.wustl.edu in packages/NCSA/Web.
--

  "Behind every argument is someone's ignorance." -- Louis D. Brandeis

Looking for WWW server software!???

Post by Elaine Walt » Sat, 28 May 1994 09:17:32

Following the soapbox-section above: what is WWW?
-Sean

Post by Mika Aleksandro » Thu, 09 Jun 1994 15:22:08

: Following the soapbox-section above: what is WWW?
: -Sean

World Wibe Web. Global hypertext database. or something like that...  Try Mosaic at
http://www.kotakk.fi to see how CERN-server works on a Linux machine.

-Mika

1. Looking for WWW server software!???

I have ben atempting to access ncsa for weeks now. I am interested in finding
the necessary software to setup a WWW server on a linux box. Can someone point
me to an mirror sites for ncsa? Thanks.

   Bill Wilson
   Technology Coordinator
   University of Nebraska

2. HOW DO I GET LINUX FOR MY 386?

3. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

4. RPM troubles

5. Looking for a Linux WWW server

6. Disk partitioning, mirroring, slices and raid.

7. Looking for WWW server

8. Printing with HP Deskjet 820

9. Looking for www-server.

10. Looking SIMPLEST www-server

11. Looking for a *SLOW* WWW (proxy?) server.

12. Looking for info on how to setup WWW server.

13. PD WWW server software