sendmail and capital letters in user names

sendmail and capital letters in user names

Post by Ari Kohtam{ » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 00:42:26

I have some user names with capital letters. How can I tell
sendmail (5.65c) that it should understand those user names.
Now it bounces mails back. Normal user names works ok.

        Terv. Ari
--
  Ari Kohtamaki                    |  P.O. Box 147
  Institute for Extension Studies  |  60101 Seinajoki

1. mail bug ?? Capital letters in user name

Sure sounds like a bug/problem.  Why is the receiver doing
case-sensitive delivery in the first place?  If there is any remaining
reason these days for any mail software whatsoever to be case sensitive
on user names, *that's* the real bug.

--
Vaughan Pratt               FTP:  boole.stanford.edu:/pub/ABSTRACTS
                            http://boole.stanford.edu/boole.html

2. Xisp configuration ?

3. problem sending email to a user login name starting with a capital letter

4. New Version of Hardware Certification Test Suite

5. Capital letters in login names.

6. Kernel 2.2.12 on 6100?

7. Sendmail does not accept my user account if it starts with an Capital, Bug???

8. Does DIP work?

9. Capital letters

10. filter for capital letter(s) in a string

11. Capital Letter conversion ???

12. capital letters of Samba created files

13. Capital letter in SCO ODT 3.0