HP Laserjet 4Si MX

Post by Mark Fernyhou » Wed, 26 Oct 1994 00:52:28

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.help ]
[ Author was Mark Fernyhough ]
[ Posted on Mon, 24 Oct 1994 12:26:13 GMT ]

Ok, we have just got one of these HP Laserjet 4Si MX printers on its
own remote ethernet card. It's got two trays and one of them is
duplex. It's quite easy to configure from windows to use all of the
features, but for the life of us we can not configure duplex and tray
selection in our printcap entries on Linux and sun stations. We can use
it at the moment with just the top tray and single sided. Has any body
managed to configure the duplex and trays in their printcap?, or know how
to do this? I would be grateful
if some one could help me or point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Mark Fernyhough

P.S. One other problem with all the HP Laser's we have connected remotely
(All independent on there own ethernet card) is that lpq hangs when the
queue is occupied, so we don't get any queues. By the way, the only time it
works is when the printer queue is empty and we get
"JetDirect lpd: no entries". Any ideas here ?

HP Laserjet 4Si MX

Post by Bruce Jans » Wed, 26 Oct 1994 09:56:41

Mark,

>..
>Ok, we have just got one of these HP Laserjet 4Si MX printers on its
>own remote ethernet card. It's got two trays and one of them is
>duplex.
>..

We have just installed `hpdriver' from Lawrence LeMay on some
of our BSD-based printer systems (although not Linux).  It
works well for us.

Cheers,
bruce.

Basser Department of Computer Science           Phone:  +61-2-351-3423
University of Sydney, N.S.W., 2006, AUSTRALIA   Fax:    +61-2-351-3838

1. HP Laserjet 4Si MX and SPARC 10

Hello,

We have a HP Laserjet 4Si MX that have a HP JetDirect network interface card, the printer is setup as print server for PCs(Netware) and Macintosh(Appletalk) on our 10BaseT LAN currently, now we want our SPARC 10 run Solaris 2.3 able to print to this printer also.

Could someone point out how this can be done, or at least where I can get the doc about the setup procedure.

Thanks for any help,

Luong V. La

2. modem problem

3. Laserjet 4si MX on Solaris 2.6 help needed

4. hme/qfe packets per second, kernel mem / bufs ?

5. FS: HP LaserJet 4si MX Laser Printer with AFP MIO (for Unix/Mainframe) Card now at $152.50

6. Peculiar screen blanking on a Sun Ray with SRSS 3

7. New printer (HP 4si mx) unwanted banner page

8. VisionFS installation error on OpenServer 5.0.5

9. Help: HP Laserjet 4Si

10. HP Laserjet 4Si

11. HP LaserJet 4Si printer printcap and what not?

12. Print accounting (HP LaserJet 4Si)?

13. SUMMARY: Double sided printing to a HP LaserJet 4Si (Postscript)