browsing a lan

Post by Yves » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:47:04

Hello
I have upgraded RH 7 to  RH 9 on my home network runing with 3 other windows
2000 systems.  Everything works but I do not seem to be able to browse the
Lan from the Linux box?  I do not remember how  I did setup this when I did
install it the first time 4 years ago..
If somebody can help I will really apreciate.
Thank you
Yves Bodson

***********************************
If you can read until here then you can go to my regularly updated gallery
http://www.pbase.com/yves
Then listen to Mark Twain who once advised; "blessed is the man, who having
nothing to say, does not proceed to prove it."
This led us to consider that  "Ain't no man can avoid being born average,
but there ain't no man got to be common." as said Leroy "Satchel" Paige
and in conclusion before we close: If "insanity is being defined as:
"repeating the same behavior despite consistently obtaining the same
undesirable results", then 'no one ever won a medal for being in the
audience.  Which could relate to the second law of thermodynamics which can
be summarized as "you can't get something for nothing."

    The world wouldn't be
    In such a snarl
    If Marx had been Groucho
    Instead of Karl.

Thank you.

browsing a lan

Post by ro » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:22:32

> Hello
> I have upgraded RH 7 to  RH 9 on my home network runing with 3 other windows
> 2000 systems.  Everything works but I do not seem to be able to browse the
> Lan from the Linux box?  I do not remember how  I did setup this when I did
> install it the first time 4 years ago..
> If somebody can help I will really apreciate.
> Thank you
> Yves Bodson

> --
> ***********************************
> If you can read until here then you can go to my regularly updated gallery
> http://www.pbase.com/yves
> Then listen to Mark Twain who once advised; "blessed is the man, who having
> nothing to say, does not proceed to prove it."
> This led us to consider that  "Ain't no man can avoid being born average,
> but there ain't no man got to be common." as said Leroy "Satchel" Paige
> and in conclusion before we close: If "insanity is being defined as:
> "repeating the same behavior despite consistently obtaining the same
> undesirable results", then 'no one ever won a medal for being in the
> audience.  Which could relate to the second law of thermodynamics which can
> be summarized as "you can't get something for nothing."

>     The world wouldn't be
>     In such a snarl
>     If Marx had been Groucho
>     Instead of Karl.

> Thank you.

Have a look at this article.

http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=2169&lang=en

1. Dialing PPP doing browse on LAN. Why?

Hello all,
I'm using Slackware (Linux 2.0.35) and have setup PPP (dynamic IP), diald,
samba, and ethernet on a LAN with NT machines according to the HOWTO's.
Everything works very well except that when I browse (from Windows
Explorer - not the browser) from one of the NT machines to the Linux
machine, the PPP link dials on the Linux machine. It doesn't do that when I
browse the other machines though.
I'm assuming it's a routing problem? Which program is affecting this? diald?
samba? general networking?  I appreciate any help on this.

- A Hilton

2. About KDM again...

3. KDE LAN Browsing Doesn't Work

4. Traceroute Error

5. Using the Lan to Browse HELP

6. Crash using eeE Network driver on 5.0.4

7. Lan browsing with Konqueror

8. non-blocking writes to sockets

9. Browsing the lan

10. LAN browsing/Gnomba/SAmba problem

11. Can't Browse on my Lan HELP

12. problem to browse the LAN with konqueror :-((

13. KDE; Mandrake 8;Lan browsing not configured?