xdm chooser mode problems

Post by Charl Barna » Fri, 27 May 1994 18:59:09

Hi all,

I know I should be posting this to comp.windows.x, but I did, and
no-one could help. Now I'm turning to the really innovative people for
help : Linuxers ! :-)

I want to be able to run xdm, so that other X servers can contact the
xdm server for a list of hosts, enabling the user at that server to
click on a listed willing to manage xdm host, giving her an xdm login
screen from the selected host. This can be achieved running the X
server in the XDMCP indirect mode. Unfortunately, no luck so far : I
get the list of servers as provided by the xdm indirect host, but the
moment one is selected, the X server resets, and the chooser screen
comes up again.

When I run the xdm indirect server in debug mode, the debug code
following the line after '...running chooser', says something about:
select returns -1 ...

Has anyone got this to work ? No one seems to have played with it yet,
and I know very knowledgable people who have given up on it ...

Thanks,

Charl Barnard

1. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

I have a few linux boxes each running xdm (with no XServers entries), and
I'm running a local xdm on another system for actual display.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the other servers on the lan, even with
-broadcast (I also tried -indirect and -query, explicitely in XServers) on
the local system. Any reason why the 'chooser' isn't coming up instead of
a local login prompt?

- lv

2. SunFire X4200 BIOS freeze on boot

3. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

4. I/O and video

5. xdm & chooser Problem

6. sun4u/4m load on one media?

7. problems with the chooser on xdm

8. Sendmail, virtual host(?)

9. chooser/xdm config problem

10. xdm and chooser problem in Redhat7.0

11. Problem Setting up Linux/Xdm/Chooser

12. Problems with xdm and Chooser

13. Problem with xdm chooser