Incoming Packet logging...

Post by q39013.. » Thu, 10 Nov 1994 11:00:46

What I am after is software that will allow me to log user activity
on my system.  I need somes thing that can tell what user got what IP
packet from where.  My service provider is levying a per MB charge on
data into his network and so I must start some husekeeping.

Does anybody know of any such package out there that can log what
user got what packet from where?
Steve Baxter

Incoming Packet logging...

Post by Michael Ki » Thu, 10 Nov 1994 20:44:40

>What I am after is software that will allow me to log user activity
>on my system.  I need somes thing that can tell what user got what IP
>packet from where.  My service provider is levying a per MB charge on
>data into his network and so I must start some husekeeping.
>Does anybody know of any such package out there that can log what
>user got what packet from where?
>Steve Baxter

Hi Steve,

If you read my post about how to log internet traffic you will see that I
did not recieve a reply. :(

I am after the same thing as you. At the mo I would be happy if I could
log ftp traffic that ppl "ftp get" from other internet sites.

If you get a response via e-mail PLEASE PLEASE forward it to me.

I'm going to post a message to linux-activist net channel and see if they
can help. If I get a rely I'll forward it to you.

BTW are you running a internet public access or bbs ?

hey I just realized your from au. unisa is that uni South Aust?
I spose I should of mail this to you instead of a follow up, oh well bye
for now .

Incoming Packet logging...

Post by Peter Tobi » Fri, 11 Nov 1994 03:52:18

[...]
: If you read my post about how to log internet traffic you will see that I
: did not recieve a reply. :(

There is an ip accounting patch on sunsite (pub/Linux/kernel/patches/network/ipacct*). Maybe that's what you are looking for.

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:

 Constantiaplatz 4, 26723 Emden, Germany