Mondo backup and Windows

Post by Dav » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:37:42

I want to backup data to CD in Linux and be able to restore it to
linux OR windows.  The data is just files I have collected on the
internet.

Can I restore data backed up on the Linux/Mondo computer to a Windows
computer.

Regards

Dave

Mondo backup and Windows

Post by ro » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:17:29

> I want to backup data to CD in Linux and be able to restore it to
> linux OR windows.  The data is just files I have collected on the
> internet.

> Can I restore data backed up on the Linux/Mondo computer to a Windows
> computer.

> Regards

> Dave

Dave, as long as you use a format that both computers understand you
can archive them, and then you can burn them iso9660 format on a cd.
You can bzip2, gzip, or just plain old zip the files.  Then in
Xcdroast or other burning app you can burn the archive onto cd using
iso9660 format.

1. Mondo Tape Backup Help Needed

Cannot Write to tape device. Is the tape set read-only?

The write tab on the tape is set to writeable. How can I tell mondo
the correct device to try to write to? I CAN "tar" to /dev/qft0, but
mondo will have none of this. Mondo seems to like /dev/ft0, but even
tho it reports backup successful to that device, I can tell this is
not true because the tape never actually streams

Mondo does write to CD's OK, but I want to use my tape drive, too.
Travan Eagle TR3.

Help?

Redhat 9 --

Mark

2. NFS problems?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Nvidia AGP supported under Linux????

5. mkCDrec / Mondo-Mindi

6. So that I don't have to re-boot again

7. Mondo hangs when creating filesystem catalog

8. Suse 7.0 and environment variables

9. Mondo and Midnight Commander

10. mondo problemo

11. No Netscape for Linux on Cheapbyte "mondo" pack with Redhat 5.1?

12. Restoring backup on Windows NT

13. Archive bit problem: Backup Linux from Windows