SMC Elite Ultra

Post by John Blombe » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 02:28:43

Hello, Linux world.

I was wondering if the SMC Elite Ultra card was supported by Linux. The last
Ethernet.Howto I received (it's sorta old) didn't cover it.

Thanks,

John Blomberg

SMC Elite Ultra

Post by Czaka » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 06:20:55

> Hello, Linux world.
> I was wondering if the SMC Elite Ultra card was supported by Linux. The last
> Ethernet.Howto I received (it's sorta old) didn't cover it.
> Thanks,
> John Blomberg

Yes, it is, and works wonderfully.  But, you need to set it up like this:

IRQ 5
RAM Address D800
IO Address 280

The SMC-Ultra driver that comes with Linux will find the card however you
configure it, but it won't pass the information on to the kernel.  This was
with 0.99.15 anyway.  I haven't tried it with 1.0.

It's the same configuration that NetBSD wants for the SMC so if this info
doesn't work, look in the info for NetBSD on ftp.cdrom.com.

   Jim

--
Crusher [to Troi about Barclay]: "He transforms to a spider and has a
        disease named after him."

                                 indeed my own. So why would you even bother
finger me for PGP public key     trying to attribute them to someone else?
--

SMC Elite Ultra

Post by Nigel Gamb » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 22:45:29

Quote:>Yes, it is, and works wonderfully.  But, you need to set it up like this:
>IRQ 5
>RAM Address D800
>IO Address 280
>The SMC-Ultra driver that comes with Linux will find the card however you
>configure it, but it won't pass the information on to the kernel.  This was
>with 0.99.15 anyway.  I haven't tried it with 1.0.

Works fine with ANY configuration.  I use

IRQ 15
RAM Address 0xc8000
IO Address 0x240

--

Boca Raton, FL, USA.

1. Where's SMC Elite Ultra Module

Where Can I find an SMC Elite Ultra Module?

I don't have enough disk space to hold all
the tools to make my own.

I did an Archie search, but I couldn't find
any.  (I'm not sure of the filename)

Does anyone have 1 I could FTP.

I'm trying to get the Slackware distribution
networked.  (Kernal  1.2.8)

Thanks,
-Monta

2. Problem starting X

3. Solarisx86 device driver for SMC Elite Ultra ethernet card

4. Problem with Solaris memory usage

5. Info for SMC/Elite ULTRA

6. 5th RfD: c.o.l.a Frequently Rehashed Topics

7. SMC Elite Ultra Combo (8216C(ombo))

8. vsetup parameter explanation

9. Adaptek 1542 and SMC Elite/Ultra incompatible under SolarisX86

10. SMC Elite Ultra/Slackware 1.1.1

11. SMC Elite Ultra and wd.c

12. Q: SMC Elite Ultra 32C (EISA) w/BNC works ?

13. Help! SMC Elite Ultra