when trying rsh giving the following error, what i forgot?

when trying rsh giving the following error, what i forgot?

Post by v.nagasriniv » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:59:47

hi,
     I am trying to configure, rsh and rcp on my
Linux Redhat 6.2 machine..

I have uncommented in inetd.conf
and added .rhosts in my home directory
and /etc/hosts.equiv file
    /etc/hosts the necessary entries.

when i am trying from other linux machine,

rsh -l root 192.168.0.102 ls
----I am getting the following error..
poll: protocol failure in circuit setup

what could be the reason of failure...

thanks,
srinivas
http://nagasrinivasv.reach.at

1. lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

I edited the lilo.conf and running the command /sbin/lilo,
i got the following lines..

Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1146 > 1023).

what does it mean..?

v.nagasrinivas
b4,q1,6th floor,cybertowers,
hi-tech city, madhapur,
Hyderabad-500033
INDIA.
ph:091-040-3110200
visitme:http://nagasrinivasv.reach.at

--
Posted from ns.stph.net [196.12.32.2]

2. Connection refused errors

3. lilo running giving the following error lines....

4. Legato Networker

5. kernel 1.3.80 gives the following error on boot up:

6. Why didnt Linus Torvalds and his "entourage" do like M$ did when they came out with XP?

7. Red Hat LILO gives error trying to install to MBR!!!

8. awk problem

9. Trying to load Linux with LILO gives 'Block move error 0xAE'

10. *********FORGET LINUX, I GIVE UP!!!***********

11. Oops, I forgot to give the subject --> WANTED: complex*32 in HP/UX fortran

12. 'make dep' gives error - what gives?

13. tinyX gives "xinit: Unknown error (errno 0): Client error." error and dies