Mail prob w/ SLS 1.03

Post by <NK.. » Tue, 11 Jan 1994 18:42:55

I can't get mail to work; mail sent to root works fine but to anyone else it sa
ys "mail sent" but then drops the message to root with an error header saying
"Whoever... Unknown User"

I haven't monkeyed with the configuration at all it is a run of the mill sls 1.
03 with SMAIL, and it won't send with either elm or mail.

My only change to basic conf at all is setting up two ttys and the hostname, if
 that makes a difference.

Mail prob w/ SLS 1.03

Post by Robert Stua » Sat, 15 Jan 1994 23:40:08

hi,
  I had a similar problem with mail not being able to be sent to SOME
users.  There was a pattern to this: all users with capital letters
as the first character of their usernames had problems receiving mail
(the unknown user message), but all lowercase first-named users were
just fine. eg Robert had problems receiving mail but greg didn't.
Hope that helps.
Rob