1. Problems: AX.25(017), PPP (0.1.5), and Linux 1.1.6
I have been trying to get AX.25 and PPP to work together in the 1.1.6
The problem, as far as I can tell, is that the header file
net/inet/dev.h has been replicated as include/linux/netdevice.h.
However, it was not completely duplicated. In these header files is a
definition for "struct device", however the definitions are not the
same. The definition in netdevice.h does not include function
pointers to add_arp and queue_xmit.
But wait, there's more! The ax.25 header file (I forget which one
offhand) still wants to include "dev.h", so I get a multiply-defined
If I remove dev.h (and replace it with a file that just contains one
The multiple defines go away, but ppp has a problem with the device
structure, since it no longer has the add_arp and queue_xmit members.
If I add those members into the definition in netdevice.h, all
networking seems to stop (I haven't verified this, yet, I plan to this
So, I guess my question is has anyone gotten AX.25 017 and PPP to work
together in a Linux 1.1.6 (or higher) kernel?? If so, how?
Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, G MIT Media Laboratory
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
Home page: http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/warlord/home_page.html
2. X-Server can not be started on display :0
3. AX 25 & TNC 2 ???
4. 2.2.20 crashing every other day
5. Help Installing Slackware
6. AX 25 & routing
7. problem with multiplication in awk
8. Any X.25 pad software and X.25 card run on Linux?
9. difference between Sunlink x.25 8.0.2 and Solastice x.25 9.2 in lapb_stioc
10. Block tcp/25 Services (telnet host 25)
11. Wanted: X.25-Ethernet or X.25-Token Ring gateway OR SLIP driver
12. ReiserFS 2.5 Update Patch Set 25 of 25