Powerfail reboots in Slackware 1.1.0

Post by Edward Doolitt » Wed, 27 Apr 1994 03:42:33

I have been gradually updating my Slackware 1.1.0 setup.  Recently I
found in /etc/inittab the line

pf::powerwait:/sbin/shutdown -rf now > /dev/console < /dev/console 2>&1

(Actually, I think it used to be /etc/shutdown before I changed it.)
Anyway, shouldn't that be shutdown -h? You don't want the computer
rebooting over and over until the power actually does fail. I don't
have a UPS, but I'm thinking of getting one. Just wondering about that
powerfail/powerwait line.

While we're on this topic, does anyone know of a UPS that connects to
the game port rather than to a serial port?

Ed

 of difference and no difference."     |
 --William James                       | Ed Doolittle

1. Reboot on PowerFail for a 7248-43P?

Hi folks. I can't for the life of me figure out how to setup my 7248-43P
to reboot after a power failure. This is the only RS/6000 I have that
will not restart after an outage, and I always have to press the power
button. A little difficult when you are not in town.... :-)

Any one know how to do this?

Thanks!

2. newbie question re kernel download

3. How to make a bootimage disk, like the bootdsks.144 ins slackware.

4. Newbie Question: Slack 2.3

5. reboot error reboot error reboot error

6. RPM utility under Windows?

7. Compaq 6000 reboots and reboots and reboots

8. SCSI Controller problems

9. crontab & powerfail

10. powerfail

11. /etc/inittab -- powerfail