CSLIP Problems (random halts in data...)

CSLIP Problems (random halts in data...)

Post by Isis Lesl » Tue, 06 Sep 1994 12:22:14

I have a problem with a SLIP line going from a Slackware 2.0 machine and a
CISCO terminal server.

Often times, if I do, letsay "ls -l" the output won't be displayed unless
I escape back to the terminal server prompt and then return to the connection.
Also I often have timed out Kermit and Zmodem transfers as well.  This also
happens if a I telnet into my machine, then two a thrid machine, I similarly
get astopped screen output.

FTP works just liek its suppossed to and my OS/2 based machines slip in/out
fine.

This must be a tty (stty?) setup problem someplace, but I'm kinda stumped.
Any ideas?

thanks-Isis

1. Setting up Ctrl-Alt-Ins = halt

Hi,
  In my system as configured (all systems?) the Ctrl-Alt-Del
key combination causes a reboot, what I would also like to have
is to assign Ctl-Alt-Ins (or some other combination) to issue
a `halt' instead of `reboot' as I have my system now i had
to give the root password so that the halt can be made when
I am not there :( any solutions?

                Thanks in advance,
                        Emilio

ps Please copy responses to my email acct.

2. building jdk 1.3.1 on FreeBSD 4.5

3. Hitachi 7730 CDROM random data corruption problem

4. New or Revised TAs on websco, 961213

5. Initializing random number generator halts system when PPP0 can't start

6. Best SCSI cdrom?

7. LILO --> ran out of input data -- SYSTEM HALTED ?!?

8. Stopping K booting automatically

9. Generating random data

10. ipfwadm: how can I accept random ports for ftp data connections ?

11. What does the halt in /etc/init.d/halt do??

12. Random data format error with libpng

13. Random Number generator not Random *****