Setting Screensaver

Post by rcopel.. » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:09:46

Hello, I'm having a problem setting the screensaver on my system
and I would like some idea why it's not working correctly.  There
are four users besides root on this system including myself.  I
login as myself, not root.  I used to be able to set the screensaver
to anything I wanted, but now I always get the random screensaver
no matter what I set it to.  If someone could give me some clue
what is happening, I would appreciate it.  Seems like there is a
superuser (root?) who is over-riding my setting somehow and I would
like to understand this mechanism.  Thx.

1. Setting Screensaver

Can anyone help me on setting the screensaver under x-window
I changed the XLock file in /.../apps-defaults/
so that it uses the hyper mode. But when the screensaver active, it
just give me a blink screen. It loads the hyper mode when I type xlock
in xterm. Here is  a part of the XLock file

XLock.mode: hyper
XLock.font: -b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-24-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
XLock.background: Black
XLock.foreground: AntiqueWhite
XLock.username: Name:
XLock.password: Password:
XLock.info: Enter password to unlock; select icon to lock.
XLock.validate: Validating login...
XLock.invalid: Invalid login.
XLock.nice: 0
XLock.timeout: 30
XLock.mono: off
XLock.nolock: on
XLock.remote: off
XLock.allowroot: off
XLock.enablesaver: on
XLock.allowaccess: off
XLock.echokeys: off
XLock.usefirst: off
XLock.verbose: off
XLock.inwindow: off
XLock.hyper.delay: 500
XLock.hyper.batchcount: 1
XLock.hyper.saturation: 1

2. Auth service and Firewall

3. How to set screensaver in FVWM?

4. watchdog failure at same time every week

5. setting screensaver

6. sound card not supported!

7. Setting screensaver timeout

8. MegaRAID and boot order

9. How Do I change/set Screensaver

10. setting screensaver for kdm

11. Configure X such as setting Screensavers

12. auto screensaver set-up?

13. Openwindows screensaver/powermanagement settings