Cant Display PKGTOOL

Post by Silenc » Sun, 27 Nov 1994 06:49:51

ok this is definitely something simple.
i just re-installed linux cause i wanted to clean up my dir trees and
what not.. anyhow when i boot up and get to the shell. i try to run
pkgtool or setup. its not switching video modes. i guess. its just
* there...
however if i run starx and exit out of X i can run setup and pkgtool fine..
        im sure someone knows why this happends.
also ive been playing around with rdev and lilo.conf, trying to get
132x43. i got it once :( but when i run rdev and/or setup my
/etc/lilo.conf to vga=-3 or vga=ask it boots into 80x25 no matter what. arg
cmd i used with rdev is:
rdev -v /dev/sda2 (thats my root drive) -o 506 -3
but it doesnt take effect after i reboot...

-kd

1. Cant display!!

Hello all....

I have a tool called matlab that runs from an nfs mount on all my Solaris
boxes. On all my boxes except one, you run matlab and the gui pops up to
your screen. But on one E450 running Solaris 2.6 the gui will only pop up if
you run it as root not as an ordinary user. When I log in as my self, i can
display say xcalc or admintool but not matlab. This one system is the only
one i am having trouble with, it works fine on all other systems.

Any Ideas

2. NeoMagic MagicMedia 256ZX & XFree86 3.3.6

3. linux cant display Fat32 files?

4. Using Meta key in an xterm

5. cant see display when GUI loads

6. network time

7. linux/gnome/xwindows newbie: cant open display

8. mail to

9. enlightment cant connect to display server...what shall i do ??

10. linux/xwindows/gnome newbie: cant open display

11. Konqueror displays HTML and text docs using a font that I just cant read.

12. x-win32 cant open display

13. Cant open /etc/ptmp, cant update password