My box refuses my telnet connection.

Post by Nathan Stratt » Wed, 28 Sep 1994 04:03:29

I am setting up a linux box and my system refuses my telnet connection.
When I telnet to novanet.com I get connection refused. What do I need to
do to let people connect to my bo

Post by Mitchum DSou » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 20:00:59

|> I am setting up a linux box and my system refuses my telnet connection.
|> When I telnet to novanet.com I get connection refused. What do I need to
|> do to let people connect to my bo

The short answer is "Set up your network properly" as you have not provided
much information for people to be able to disassemble your problem into
something coherent. For example

        What sort of network ? Slip/PPP/ethernet
        What network card do you have - is it recogonized on boot
        Can you get outgoing connctions to work
        Is your routing tables correct?

Please read the NET-2-HOWTO on sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTOS
for more indepth info.

Mitch