I'm just got 2 new drives, and I want to use them as the center of a system
receiving a full news feed. I'm installing Linux from scratch on them, so I
have a change to do with them as I will. What I'd like is any answers to the
1. Where should I mount the second drive? /var/spool or /var/spool/news ?
2. How should I split the drives? They're 1.8G and fdisk is showing them
with 2k blocks. Should I try to get this down to 1k?
3. How should I split the reserved space? On the second drive, should I
set it to 0?
4. What would be a good inode number for a drive with a full feed, and/or
the other drive?
5. How well will this size drive handle the feed? For how long can I keep
6. Are there other performance related issues?
Thanks for your help.
Mike was here...