Building news server

Post by Mark Blyt » Thu, 09 Mar 1995 06:44:23

Hi,

I'm building a dedicated news server from scratch and would like some
suggestions on hardware/software system configuration.  I'll likely
be getting a full newsfeed from PageSat.  Would a 486/66 suffice?
32 meg RAM? 1 1-gig drive?  What's the most important resource?

Any sample configurations from others running news servers would be
quite helpful.

Thanks.

*=======================================================================*
 Mark Blythe                |  "When you have eliminated the impossible,

 http://www.dfw.net/~blythe |   must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
*=======================================================================*

1. building News server

I'm planning to build a news server under Linux Slackware.
I was thinking this type of machine :
Pentium II 400
256M of RAM
2 Hard Drive, 32 Gig each.

Is it good or not ? Since it's the first time I'm building a
news server,
I would like to have some advices.

Thank you all.

Walid

2. MachTen vs NetBSD/Mac68k

3. How to build a news server

4. REPOST: Looking For Lotus Notes Partner/Consultant

5. how to build a news server with rh71 ?

6. print filters in SVR4

7. help:feeding news to local news server

8. Realtek RTL8129 NIC Card

9. Linux as a news server with C-news

10. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

11. Mail 2 News for Netscape News server

12. INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

13. in innd news server how to set some user can kill news ?