Slide Show Program

Post by roo » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 03:38:41

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate message for this list. I'm looking for a
slide show presentation program to display jpeg and gif files for XWindows on
Linux. If anyone knows of anything like this, please send info to

Slide Show Program

Post by Thomas Gschwi » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 03:43:11

: Forgive me if this is an inappropriate message for this list. I'm looking for a
: slide show presentation program to display jpeg and gif files for XWindows on
: Linux. If anyone knows of anything like this, please send info to

Try xv

Thomas

Slide Show Program

Post by Tom Griffi » Tue, 08 Nov 1994 06:25:25

>Forgive me if this is an inappropriate message for this list. I'm looking for a
>slide show presentation program to display jpeg and gif files for XWindows on
>Linux. If anyone knows of anything like this, please send info to

XV can function as a slideshow program to display jpeg files.

You can use it from within a directory with jpeg files like so:

    $ xv *.jpg

and it will display the files alphabetically, flipping to the
next file with a press of the spacebar.

Note that XV is shareware and that you should see the related
copyright info.

Another program you can use is xloadimage.  It is freely
available and can handle GIF files, but I'm not sure about
jpg's.  (I prefer GIF anyway, since it displays MUCH faster.)
Here is some info from the man page:

XLOADIMAGE(1)                                   XLOADIMAGE(1)

NAME
       xloadimage, xsetbg, xview - load images into an X11 window
       or onto the root window

SYNOPSIS
       xloadimage [global_options] {[image_options] image ...}
       xloadimage [global_options] [image_options] stdin < image

DESCRIPTION
       Xloadimage displays images in an X11 window or loads  them
       onto  the  root window.  See the IMAGE TYPES section below
       for supported image types.

       If the filename stdin is given, xloadimage will  read  the
       image from standard input.

       To have a "slideshow" of many images supply multiple image
       file names on the command line.  The  'n',  'return',  and
       'space'  keys  will proceed to the next image and 'p' will
       return to the previous when the keyboard focus is  on  the
       window.  Also see the -delay, -idelay, and -goto options.

Hope this helps,

       /                         /                                            /
      /   Thomas L. Griffing    /   To invent, you need a good imagination   /

1. Slide Show??

I want to create a slide show of jpg images with an approximately 10
second interval between slides. Is there an easy Linux solution? Or a
simple javascript solution to enable a browser to do it? I can always
reload OS/2 on my laptop, and dig out PMView, but I want an easier
solution that that!! Thanks.

2. tty7,8,...?

3. "Slide Show" Screensaver

4. modem AT commands from command line?

5. Slide Show Screensaver

6. HELP ! installp failing !

7. screen saver slide show

8. ps -aux

9. Linux Chick pics for your slide show screen saver

10. Postscript file & Slide Show

11. GNOME slide show screensaver?

12. Slide show graphics viewer?

13. KDE 2.x -> Screensaver -> Slide Show