Setting up anonymous ftp server??

Post by LUIS ANGEL OLIVEIRA RODRIGU » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 17:59:37

Hello there!!
I'd like to know where I can find HOWTO'S about setting up anonymous ftp
server for my linux net.

Thanks in advance.

        L.A. Oliveira.

Post by Mark P. Nels » Sun, 19 Mar 1995 03:18:58

: Hello there!!
: I'd like to know where I can find HOWTO'S about setting up anonymous ftp
: server for my linux net.

The best place to start is with the hosts_access man page in section 5.

man 5 hosts_access

--
Mark P. Nelson
Programmer/Analyst II        --        First you program, then you analyze.

1. Setting up secure anonymous ftp server ??

I remember quite a while ago seeing an article on general steps and guidelines
for setting up a secure anonymous ftp server. This included copying ftp related
binaries and config files to a subdirectory under the anonymous ftp directory.
And pointing all anonymous ftp users at these "secured" resources rather than the
usual "system" files. It was a rather involved process and somthing that did not
seem quite intuitive. Can someone point me somewhere I would be able to find the
guidlines and directions for this?

TIA,

Unix System Manager

Phoenix Home Life Mutual Insurance Co.

2. Satan: mostly harmless.

3. Setting up anonymous ftp server??

4. REPOST: make depend madness

5. setting up anonymous ftp server

6. Strange ports being listened on

7. Help setting up anonymous ftp server with wu-ftpd-2.6.1

8. NT won't let me repartition the HD

9. Setting up anonymous FTP-server

10. Problems in setting anonymous ftp server!!

11. setting up an anonymous ftp-server

12. Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP

13. how to set a anonymous ftp but user ftp have unique passwd