How to build X11 R6

Post by Mubashir Chee » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 18:38:59

Quote:Anonymous writes:
>Dear netters,
>Could any kind soul out there tell me how to build X11R6 step by step.
>Please forgive me a stupid guy.

 Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who's having
 problems with installing it. There are quite a few of us out there :)

Mubashir Cheema
Disclaimer : The views expressed above are my own personal views.

How to build X11 R6

Post by Martin Pirk » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 21:18:40

: Could any kind soul out there tell me how to build X11R6 step by step.
: Please forgive me a stupid guy.

: Lan

You are not very precice!
I assume you mean building for Linux/i[345]86.

Building X11R6 with static libraries should be straightforward (but
not recommended), once you have modified some .cf file since
shared libs are the default.

For the shared libs you need the jump.* files. I wonder why they
aren't supplied by the X-Contribution because this would enforce
binary compatibility and make life more easy. (Otherwise support for
shared libs in excellent in the config files).

I don't know if the jump.* files are available from the slackware-sources
but you can create them if you follow the instructions of the
documentation in tools-2.16.tar.gz (should be available at your
favorite ftp-site).

If there is some demand i'd like to contribute these files.

I'm not very precice too, but I wanted to provide some quick hints.
--
Martin Pirker

Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Department of Computer Graphics

How to build X11 R6

Post by Anonymou » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 14:45:46

Dear netters,

Could any kind soul out there tell me how to build X11R6 step by step.
Please forgive me a stupid guy.

Lan