Does cops work under Linux?

Post by Don Rub » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 04:02:09

I have been having trouble getting cops_104 to work.
It probably is because of my limited understanding of
what its supposed to do. Can anyone give me some pointers
of how to use it under Linux?

Don

Does cops work under Linux?

Post by Bob Hau » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 13:58:15

: I have been having trouble getting cops_104 to work.
: It probably is because of my limited understanding of
: what its supposed to do. Can anyone give me some pointers
: of how to use it under Linux?

Cops checks your file/directory permissions, password file, suid
programs, and many other things for possible security holes.  It also
comes with programs to checksum important files (to detect changes) and
checking your passwords.

The main thing I had to do was to run the reconfig script to get all the
paths set right in the various scripts.  I recall that it took some
hand-editing as well.  Then run 'make'.  Then run cops.  It's all
outlined in the quick_start file.  It'll create a directory under where
it's installed named after your hostname to hold the results.  I thought
it was pretty straightforward.

Exactly what kind of trouble are you having?

1. How to make Macraigor Raven (COP) work under Linux?

Hi,

I have Macraigor Raven (COP) for the MPC8245.
It has some free software on its web site.
The windows version works but not the Linux version.

Here is the error message I got while using ocd-cmdr-linux-1.0-1-i386
underRed Hat 7.3 Linux PC.
+++
Error Response from INITIALIZE: 0x17 invalid CPU type (17:10)
+++
Is there a way to interpret this?
How do I check if the parallel port is OK? (it is set to EPP under CMOS)

The same setup is working with the other PC with W2K.
I am also looking for the software that can work with RAVEN (COP) for
MPC8245/MPC8241 under LINUX?
Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks,
Ken Chou

2. /stand/sysinstall and Nuclear Warfare

3. How to make pcmcia ethernet card that works with Linux work with dos? . .

4. Questions ??

6. NIS problem on Linux machines

7. Mount DOS on DOS machine from LINUX on LINUX machine

8. Add a directory to the include space of g++/gcc?

9. Anyone Successfully run COPS on a Linux Box?

10. Working from or using DOS drivers under Linux

11. Anyone doing any mc68hc11 work with Linux ?

12. WinModems - any work being done for Linux?

13. DOS written ASM works whit LINUX