lilo

Post by rxl.. » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:02:22

I have redhat 8.0

I am experimenting w/ lilo and see if I can make it

actually, i am tring to make it that lilo boot up sequence will fail

I tried few things
1)messing w/ lilo.conf
2)removing lilo.conf all toghether
3)moving or messing w/ /boot folder

NONE of them make it fail to boot up linux.

What is going on?
Can someone tell me what's going on w/ this ???

lilo

Post by Andy » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:06:59

Why do you want to make it fail?

At any rate, are you running lilo after you make your changes?

andy

> I have redhat 8.0

> I am experimenting w/ lilo and see if I can make it

> actually, i am tring to make it that lilo boot up sequence will fail

> I tried few things
> 1)messing w/ lilo.conf
> 2)removing lilo.conf all toghether
> 3)moving or messing w/ /boot folder

> NONE of them make it fail to boot up linux.

> What is going on?
> Can someone tell me what's going on w/ this ???

lilo

Post by Amit Saxe » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:43:21

do following steps ,

1. open lilo.conf in vi
2. instead of the word linear , write lba32
3. save and exit vi
4. rerun lilo using lilo
5. reboot the system

> Why do you want to make it fail?

> At any rate, are you running lilo after you make your changes?

> andy

> > I have redhat 8.0

> > I am experimenting w/ lilo and see if I can make it

> > actually, i am tring to make it that lilo boot up sequence will fail

> > I tried few things
> > 1)messing w/ lilo.conf
> > 2)removing lilo.conf all toghether
> > 3)moving or messing w/ /boot folder

> > NONE of them make it fail to boot up linux.

> > What is going on?
> > Can someone tell me what's going on w/ this ???

1. LILO--LILO--LILO

here is my problem----i have 2 physical hard disks --the primary master
has NT
and the primary slave has LINUX(red hat )--i have LILO boot which has 2
images---x(for linux) and nt.

i wanted to upgrade my linux6.0 to 6.1 and so i booted from the cd-rom ---
but it
would give an error saying that "ext2 file system not found" and would
hang.

so---i disconnected my primary master(NT) hdisk and proceeded with the
installation which was successful.

now , at LILO boot when i give X IT SAYS "LOADING X" and stops....it seems-
the LILO is not able to relate the X image to the primary slave.

can you help me to set the LILO properly.....i will be very thankful.

2. DHCP question

3. LILO, LILO, LILO

4. Practical Peripherals 33.6 Half Card II setup (Practical Model 4718US, Practical 336 Flash HC)

5. lilo can't find /etc/lilo.conf, even though it's there

6. what is equvalent of topq in solaris ?

7. lilo.conf ignored by lilo at boot time

8. Simple Shell Script

9. LILO: what does lilo write in boot sector?

10. LILO boot LILO

11. LILO: First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO signature

12. LILO chokes my compile...BUT I DONT USE LILO..??

13. please help - lost LILO, LILO lost