executing a startup script under a different user

executing a startup script under a different user

Post by Christian Bongior » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:21:23

To any who can answer

I have a script in my rc.d/init.d that starts an app just happy for me
on startup -- along with the appropriate soft-links in my rcX.d
directories.

What I need to do now is actually make it so that the daemon that
starts runs under a special user so that access restrictions can
apply. How can this be done?

Thanks

Post by Joe » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:45:37

> To any who can answer

> I have a script in my rc.d/init.d that starts an app just happy for me
> on startup -- along with the appropriate soft-links in my rcX.d
> directories.

> What I need to do now is actually make it so that the daemon that
> starts runs under a special user so that access restrictions can
> apply. How can this be done?

> Thanks

su THEUSER -c "THECOMMAND"

Post by hairetik » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:32:51

> > To any who can answer

> > I have a script in my rc.d/init.d that starts an app just happy for me
> > on startup -- along with the appropriate soft-links in my rcX.d
> > directories.

> > What I need to do now is actually make it so that the daemon that
> > starts runs under a special user so that access restrictions can

> su THEUSER -c "THECOMMAND"

YM:

  su - THEUSER -c "COMMAND"

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.